BSM 9.26 Installation Drive

While installing BSM 9.26 I am not presented with the option to change the intallation drive.  During the configuration step I am only asked what type of server (Typical,, GW or DPS) and not what drive I would like it intalled on.  Has anyone else seen this issue?  I have run the install wizard as Administrator.

• Hi Kevin,

was BSM installed on that box before? I think as long as the installer finds a trace of a previous installation (via Windows Registry entries) it doesn't offer to change the installation path.

If this is the case, you would need to delete all entries in the Windows Registry which is related to BSM. However, you need to be REALLY careful no to ruin something which is still needed.

And if this is Linux by any chance, you cannot change the installation folder, it's always /opt/HP/BSM.

Greetings

Siggi

• Hi Kevin,

was BSM installed on that box before? I think as long as the installer finds a trace of a previous installation (via Windows Registry entries) it doesn't offer to change the installation path.

If this is the case, you would need to delete all entries in the Windows Registry which is related to BSM. However, you need to be REALLY careful no to ruin something which is still needed.

And if this is Linux by any chance, you cannot change the installation folder, it's always /opt/HP/BSM.

Greetings

Siggi

• Hi Kevin,

Greetings

Siggi

• yes BSM 9.25 was installed previously and was uninstalled as per the 9.26 documentation.  It was installed on the D drive and now it is putting it on the C drive.  

• looked in the registry and the BSM home is set for C:\HPBSM for some reason.  I changed this to D:\ and the install is proceeding. 

• Perfect, I was still testing, you were faster than me!

Enjoy the "remaining" parts of the installation ...

Greetings

Siggi

• Hi Kevin, We are trying to install 9.26 patch on 9.25.Could you please help me in finding the upgrade guide and installation patch, as I am new to this BSM.

• Hi Thakur,

Read the BSM Upgrade Guide - 9.2x to 9.26 (BSM_926_UpgradeGuide92x_926.pdf).  This can be found on the HP Software Support site, and it has lots of important information on how to upgrade from 9.25 to 9.26, which requires a re-install:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport

After logging in, select the following:

Document Type:   Manuals

Products:   application performance management

Version:   9.26

In the Search field at the top, enter 'Upgrade' and look for the document.  Alternatively, enter  'Complete' and download the BSM 9.26 Complete Doc Set.  The upgrade document is in the BSM_921_Deployment_Guides_Package zip.

You can find the 9.26 software by ticking 'Patches' instead of 'Manuals'.

Regards,

Tim