error during BSM installation

Hi, 

we installed Data Proccesing, and during installation we had Java error (you can see it in the file attached), we continued with the installation and it finished succesful. But it didn't work. So we uninstalled it. We followed the next steps to do this: 

1) Use tool from HP to uninstall. http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/HP-Shared-Component-2dab8ef960b2886c770144690f3c9c78-application.htm 

2) Use tool to uninstall HP Shared Component. http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/HP-Shared-Component-2dab8ef960b2886c770144690f3c9c78-application.htm

3) Remove folder Program Files and ProgramData

After, we tried to install Data Processing again and we had an error and we can not continue. You can see this error in file attached. 

Can you help us? 

Regards. 

Parents
  • In HPBsm_9.26_HPOvInstaller file we have only one error. You can see it in file attached. 

Thanks. 

Regards. 

• Hi Adr,

check for an invididual logfile under
    C:\Users\BAC_AD~1.UKM\AppData\Temp\HPOvInstaller\HPBsm_9.26
    -> Package_msi_HPOprCommon_install.log

You can of course already see what's going on based on the screenshot:
    the installer fails to verify whether or not HPOprCommon 9.26.151 (HP OMi Common) exists, or not.

You should have posted the full logfile, as I cannot see whether the same error shows up for other packages as well.

Anyway, to be quite honest, I tend to assume that your box is totally hosed after all the attempts to get rid of the BSM installation.

I would (really careful) recommend to reinstall the OS on the box and start from point zero.

While it might be possible to fix the firs tissue, you most likely face one with the next package, and so on.

Greetings
    Siggi

• Hi, 

The problem is I can't unistall the BSM completely, I have the tool you provided, but it doesn't remove all the program installed with BSM and all the folder created. I'd like to know a way to remove/unistall COMPLETELY the BSM. I thought the way I did was correct but it seemns something was wrong, so , I'd like to know how to do in order to be able to do and not have to restore the machine.

About post the logs file, I can't. The forum only allow me upload png or jpg files. Are there any way to upload it? 

Regards

• Hi, 

The problem is I can't unistall the BSM completely, I have the tool you provided, but it doesn't remove all the program installed with BSM and all the folder created. I'd like to know a way to remove/unistall COMPLETELY the BSM. I thought the way I did was correct but it seemns something was wrong, so , I'd like to know how to do in order to be able to do and not have to restore the machine.

About post the logs file, I can't. The forum only allow me upload png or jpg files. Are there any way to upload it? 

Regards

Children
  • Hi Adr,

looking at the complexity and history of the issue overall I think it's the best to open a support case, so that things can be worked on in a much better way then via the Forum back and forth, including limitations like the inability to add small files :-(

Greetings
    Siggi

• Ok. I'll open a support case, but at least could you provide a proper way to unistall completely an installed BSM ? 

The tool you provided dont unistall some programs as HP Shared Component, and keep some data folder and files in the box.

Regards

• Hi Adr,

as already mentioned, the normal (and usually working) way to uninstall BSM to go backwards from the highest patch and uninstall all one by one until you finally uninstalled BSM, for example
    - uninstall BSM 9.25 IP2 -> this will get you to BSM 9.25
    - uninstall BSM 9.25 -> this will get you to 9.20
    - uninstall BSM 9.20 -> BSM is gone

The tool I mentioned is not a cleanup tool in case the uninstallation failed, it has been created mainly to speed up the steps to uninstall BSM prior to 9.26 to be able to install 9.26

In case you have leftovers from a BSM installation, the only way I know is to manually uninstall / delete all leftovers, packages, files, registry entries and so on.
    This is why I asked you to open a support case, as it would allow support to check the box and uninstall / fix the issues on the system, while I still think the complete reinstall of the OS would be the fastest solution, if you don't have a lot of other software installed on the box.

Greetings
    Siggi

• Hi , 

The machine is going to be restore, but I'm focusing in the process to unistall (forget about my case and we'll discuss about the process). We tried to unistall the BSM a couple of time with the same result. We only have the 9.26 version without any patch and we tried :

- Unistalling traditioal way, it is unistalled but some programs as HP Shared component are not unistalled and therefore files related to it (I think) are still there. If I try to unistall these programs , I get a error and I can't.

- Using the tool, same result.

- Forcing to unistall these programs, I can unistall but later I get an error installing again and I can't unistall.

However, if I use the tool and just the tool, I can install again without any error, but even thought, I'd like to know how to get unistall the BSM completely.

BTW, you can see the remaining programs in the screenshot

Regards

• Hi Adr,

I was faced with a quite different issue in the past, where the BSM 9.26 installation was fine, but ovcert and ovcs didn't work, requiring the (re-)installation of the two components

HPOvSecCS-11.14.014-Win5.2_64-release.msi
    HPSharedComp-11.14.065-Win5.2_64-release.msi

(see my post /t5/Application-Performance/BSM-Support-Tip-BSM-after-the-upgrade-to-9-26-issues-with/td-p/6898406)

So with this I can imagine that the uninstallation of BSM 9.26 has the related issue:
    all is being uninstalled except of these two components.
    You can uninstall the two remaining components by unpacking the BSM 9.26 installation fileset
    for Windows this is BAC_00890.zip, there is a folder packages which contains (besides many others)

HPOvSecCS-11.14.014-Win5.2_64-release.msi
    HPSharedComp-11.14.065-Win5.2_64-release.msi

The packages can be installed by a simple double-click on the .msi file.
    Depending on the installation status of the package you can uninstall it by selecting "Remove".

Maybe this does the trick already?

Why does it happen that the two packages are not installed, or not installed correctly?
    I have no idea, as it happens to some installations, but works perfectly fine on others,
    I actually experienced both scenarios when installing BSM 9.26.

Greetings
    Siggi