Transaction description in the tooltip

Hi, 

I remember be able to see the transaction description in the tooltip in the BPM performance over time report in a older version of BAC. Today, I can see in the adminitration- platform options : 

"Show transaction description tooltip in BPM Performance Over Time report  Configure whether the transaction description is displayed in the tooltip in the BPM Performance Over Time report.  "

I enabled the option, but still I can't see the description, is this option disabled? it is possible to activate?

Thanks and Regards

Parents
  • Hi Adr,

a support case might be required, but for me to understand:

what exactly is "Transaction Description"?
    Is this what you can enter when uploading a script into BSM's Script Repository?
    Or the Description you can enter in CI Properties per Transaction?

Sorry for the stupid question, but I didn't find another place where I can enter a description.

In any case, I tried this on BSM 9.25 IP1:
    Infrastructure Settings
    Show transaction description tooltip in BPM Performance Over Time report
    Configure whether the transaction description is displayed in the tooltip in the BPM Performance Over Time report.
    false (default)

When I go to the BPM Performance Over Time report and hover my mouse over a transaction, I see this:

When I set
    to
    true

I see this:

Then I found this in the manual:

BPM Performance Over Time Report (Deprecated)
    Note:
    - The BPM Performance Over Time report has been replaced by a new version as of BSM
    version 9.21. For details of the new version of this report, see "BPM Performance Over Time
    Report" on page 706.
    - The deprecated BPM Performance Over Time report is excluded from EUM status reports by
    default. To include the report in the available EUM status reports:
    a. Select Admin > Platform > Setup and Maintenance > Infrastructure Settings:
    b. Select Applications.
    c. Select End User/System Availability Management>.
    d. In the End User/System Availability Management - Data table, locate the Performance
    Over Time (Deprecated) report (pre BSM 9.21) parameter. Change the value to true.

I enabled it, logged and logged in again, and then found the report in EUM -> Status Reports, but the results are the same
    (Show transaction description tooltip in BPM Performance Over Time report still true):

so the same.
    But as indicated above, I have no idea where exactly the description is defined, so I cannot say if this is expected, or not.

My usual question however would be:
    what BSM / APM version do you use?

Greetings
    Siggi

• Hi Siggi, 

I'm using 9..26 version. I though the description was the CI description, I really dont know what is this description. What I can say is in a old BAC version we had this option and we could show the transaction description, and by tx description I mean the journey:

1. Login 

2. Click X

3. Click Y

4. Logout

I tried with the CI description, and with the transaction description, the field you can fill in the script repository when you upload the script, but no luck, I can't see any tooltip in "Analysis Report" option either "User report".

Can it be something from the past and now is not active ?

Regards

• Hi Siggi, 

I'm using 9..26 version. I though the description was the CI description, I really dont know what is this description. What I can say is in a old BAC version we had this option and we could show the transaction description, and by tx description I mean the journey:

1. Login 

2. Click X

3. Click Y

4. Logout

I tried with the CI description, and with the transaction description, the field you can fill in the script repository when you upload the script, but no luck, I can't see any tooltip in "Analysis Report" option either "User report".

Can it be something from the past and now is not active ?

Regards

Children
  • Verified Answer

Hi Adr,

found it, it's described perfectly fine in the manual ;-)
    BSM 9.26 manual "BSM Application Administration Guide", Chapter 100: Business Transaction Tracing
    Business Transaction CI Creation Dialog Box
    This dialog box enables you to create a new business transaction CI.
    UI Element Description
    Description A description of the business transaction.

So it's simply the CI description for the BT CI:

so here I added my (silly) description, and then I can see this in the tooltip:

but only if the setting
    is set to TRUE, otherwise you'll only see

Greetings
    Siggi

• Hi Siggi, 

Thank you very much. It is very helpful.

Regards