Monitoring automation query

Hello Experts,

We want to integrate BSM/OMi (9.25) with Storage Essentials (9.7). As per the integration document, there is a step to deploy packages at below path

Admin>Operations Management>Monitoring>Management Templates and Aspects

The above path is not available in the BSM.

Do we need to install Monitoring Automation to enable these options? If yes, then how to install MA in exsiting BSM?

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Mayur

Parents Reply Children
  • Did you read "Licensing" section in the HP OMi Management Pack for HP Storage Essentials Installation guide?

I believe it answers your question.

• Did you read "Licensing" section in the HP OMi Management Pack for HP Storage Essentials Installation guide?

• Hi Dmitry,

I've read that document but it says to see Monitoring Automation License Options in the Monitoring Automation Installation Guide. There are two types of licenses for MA as mentioned in the document.

1. Operations Manager i Monitoring Automation for Servers

2. Operations Manager i Monitoring Automation for Composite Applications

Which one of these two licenses will be required for SE-BSM event integration? It is not mentioned in the guide.

Kindly assist.

Thanks,

Mayur

• Are you still on the old licensing system?

License #1 is already included in the OMi Event Management Foundation license, so you already have it.

License #2 would be required if you plan to work with management templates. I don't remember off the top of my head if the SE Management Pack provides any management templates, or only aspects and policy templates. If the latter, License #1 would be enough.

License #1 is already included in the OMi Event Management Foundation license, so you already have it.

License #2 would be required if you plan to work with management templates. I don't remember off the top of my head if the SE Management Pack provides any management templates, or only aspects and policy templates. If the latter, License #1 would be enough.

• Hi Dmitry,

What do mean by old licensing system? We have OMi Event Management Foundation license. 

Below is documented in the OMi Mgmt Storage Essentials online help guide

"You must deploy the HP Storage Essentials Management Server Aspect to each of the Storage Essentials node that are added as CI to the BSM Server"

"When the Aspect is deployed to the Storage Essentials node all the necessary policies and the instrumentation files gets copied to the Storage Essentials node which has the OM Agent installed in it."

So only license #1 is enough in this case?

Thanks & Regards,

Mayur

• Verified Answer

Once again, the license #1 is enough if you don't plan to use management templates. I do NOT remember if the SE MP has any management templates or not. I thought I was more than clear on this point.

The old licensing system is exactly that - the old licensing system. It uses such thing as OMi Event Management Foundation license or a special license for OMi MA for applications that you mentioned as license #2 above, or Target Connector licenses. All these licenses don't exist anymore in the new Ops Bridge licensing system (available since Nov 2014) that is based on editions - Express, Premium and Ultimate. All new OMi customers can only make purchases with the new licensing system. For all existing OMi customers there is an optional license migration program in effect.

SE MP was released before the new Ops Bridge licensing system was introduced, so SE MP documentation still contains references to the old licenses only.

• Verified Answer

Once again, the license #1 is enough if you don't plan to use management templates. I do NOT remember if the SE MP has any management templates or not. I thought I was more than clear on this point.

The old licensing system is exactly that - the old licensing system. It uses such thing as OMi Event Management Foundation license or a special license for OMi MA for applications that you mentioned as license #2 above, or Target Connector licenses. All these licenses don't exist anymore in the new Ops Bridge licensing system (available since Nov 2014) that is based on editions - Express, Premium and Ultimate. All new OMi customers can only make purchases with the new licensing system. For all existing OMi customers there is an optional license migration program in effect.

SE MP was released before the new Ops Bridge licensing system was introduced, so SE MP documentation still contains references to the old licenses only.