bac_integration.log : Failed Running script :create_monitor.py

Hi experts,

My bac_integration.log file from SiteScope side is throwing contuniously the following error message:

2016-04-07 18:01:31,902 [TopologyReporterSender] (TopologyReporterSender.java:433) ERROR - failed to run main topology agent. topologyCommand=TopologyCommand{commandType=RUN_SCRIPT, destinationData=<destination><destinationData name="szConnectionName">201795796</destinationData><destinationData name="monitor_logical_name">CPU on tn2websrvr1</destinationData><destinationData name="agent_id">1</destinationData><destinationData name="is_report_default_hi">true</destinationData><destinationData name="managed_by">Discovery:SiteScope</destinationData><destinationData name="class_logical_name">CPU</destinationData><destinationData name="class_type_id">1</destinationData><destinationData name="szMonitorName">CPU</destinationData><destinationData name="topology_version">9.2.0.5</destinationData><destinationData name="u_iTargetId">2400542</destinationData><destinationData name="profile_name">SiteScope04-DMZ</destinationData><destinationData name="reporting_mode">Events and Metrics</destinationData><destinationData name="is_ems" /><destinationData name="host">OR-TN-SIS04.orangetunisie.intra</destinationData><destinationData name="szTargetName"></destinationData><destinationData name="om_prioritize_bsm_events" /><destinationData name="id">00000000000000000000000000000000</destinationData><destinationData name="measurements_to_eti_map" /><destinationData name="measurements" /><destinationData name="u_iMonitorId">2400333</destinationData><destinationData name="ss_t">com.mercury.infra.xdr_utils.prop_bag_array@71d08430</destinationData><destinationData name="class_real_name">CPU Utilization</destinationData><destinationData name="parent_group_name">tn2websrvr1</destinationData><destinationData name="u_iConnectionId">2400541</destinationData><destinationData name="u_iSessionId">28</destinationData><destinationData name="monitor_full_path">2400001.2400003.2400013.2400020</destinationData><destinationData name="logging_option">logAllData</destinationData><destinationData name="is_host_monitor">true</destinationData><destinationData name="om_report_operation_manager_events" /><destinationData name="monitor_full_id">SiteScope04-DMZ/201794259/201796740/201796741/201796742/1</destinationData><destinationData name="monitor_description"></destinationData><destinationData name="monitor_properties">com.mercury.infra.xdr_utils.prop_bag_array@458476b2</destinationData></destination>, dataSource='SiteScope_SiteScope04-DMZ', script='create_monitor.py', allwaysPreformeTouch=false}
java.lang.Exception: Failed Running script :create_monitor.py
	at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.services.dynamic.core.TopologyTablesProcessorUtil.processDestinationTables(TopologyTablesProcessorUtil.java:172)
	at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.services.dynamic.core.TopologyDynamicService.process(TopologyDynamicService.java:37)
	at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.topology.MainTopologyAgent.run(MainTopologyAgent.java:460)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.integrations.bac.topology.TopologyReporterSender.send(TopologyReporterSender.java:420)
	at com.mercury.sitescope.integrations.bac.topology.TopologyReporterSender.run(TopologyReporterSender.java:366)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<string>", line 2, in ?
  File "create_monitor", line 39, in DiscoveryMain
  File "system_lib", line 44, in createHost
  File "system_lib", line 22, in createHostWithParams
TypeError: __add__ nor __radd__ defined for these operands

at org.python.core.Py.TypeError(Py.java)
	at org.python.core.PyObject._add(PyObject.java)
	at org.python.pycode._pyx2630.createHostWithParams$1(system_lib:22)
	at org.python.pycode._pyx2630.call_function(system_lib)
	at org.python.core.PyTableCode.call(PyTableCode.java)
	at org.python.core.PyFunction.__call__(PyFunction.java)
	at org.python.core.PyObject.__call__(PyObject.java)
	at org.python.pycode._pyx2630.createHost$2(system_lib:44)
	at org.python.pycode._pyx2630.call_function(system_lib)
	at org.python.core.PyObject.invoke(PyObject.java)
	at org.python.pycode._pyx2631.DiscoveryMain$1(create_monitor:39)
	at org.python.pycode._pyx2631.call_function(create_monitor)
	at org.python.core.PyObject.invoke(PyObject.java)
	at org.python.pycode._pyx2967.f$0(<string>:2)
	at org.python.pycode._pyx2967.call_function(<string>)
	at org.python.core.PyCode.call(PyCode.java)
	at org.python.core.Py.runCode(Py.java)
	at org.python.core.Py.exec(Py.java)
	at org.python.util.PythonInterpreter.exec(PythonInterpreter.java)
	at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.services.dynamic.core.TopologyTablesProcessorUtil.executeScript(TopologyTablesProcessorUtil.java:104)
	at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.services.dynamic.core.TopologyTablesProcessorUtil.processDestinationTables(TopologyTablesProcessorUtil.java:162)
	... 5 more

I have come to this point after discovering that CIs monitored by in RTSM are not normally updated.

Would you please help on this point.

Thanks,

Elmassimo

Parents
  • it seems like an issue with the integration between SiS and BSM.

i suggest you open Support case and they will help you to resolve the issue.

• Hello,

same error after upgrade to SiS 11.32.

Did you open a case - any idea to solve this?

Thanks and kind regards

Allessandro

• Hi Allessandro,

In my case, troubelshooting shows that the root cause was that I have deleated some nodes in BSM that was coming from SiteScope. Then SiteScope was enable to recreate them in BSM. The support did not pay too much attention to te mentionned log error as it could be a symptom.

We have made some specific tasks afterwhat, the synchronization between SIS and BSM was reistablished.

But to be honest I did not get back to logs to see if the same message still appearing or not.

Following is the proceedure:

I - clearing SiteScope cash:

1. Stop SiS
    2. Cut "SiS\cache\topology" and paste it somewhere outside the SiteScope installation folder
    3. Cut "SiS\cache\topologyresultsData" and paste it somewhere outside the SiteScope installation folder
    4. Delete the content (not the folder itself) of the following folder :  "SiS\discovery\hsqldb\". (backup before deletion)
    5. Start SiS.
    6. Perform resynchronize from the SiS

II - Recreating the target IDs:

1. Stop SiteScope.
    2. Back up SiteScope\persistency.
    3. Open SiteScope\bin\PersistencyViewer.bat
    4. Open persistency.
    5. Find _topazTargetsid object and remove it.
    6. Start SiteScope. Target ids will be recreated and synced with monitors.
    7. Perform hard sync.

Hope this could help you.

Regards

Elmassimo

• Hi Allessandro,

In my case, troubelshooting shows that the root cause was that I have deleated some nodes in BSM that was coming from SiteScope. Then SiteScope was enable to recreate them in BSM. The support did not pay too much attention to te mentionned log error as it could be a symptom.

We have made some specific tasks afterwhat, the synchronization between SIS and BSM was reistablished.

But to be honest I did not get back to logs to see if the same message still appearing or not.

Following is the proceedure:

I - clearing SiteScope cash:

1. Stop SiS
    2. Cut "SiS\cache\topology" and paste it somewhere outside the SiteScope installation folder
    3. Cut "SiS\cache\topologyresultsData" and paste it somewhere outside the SiteScope installation folder
    4. Delete the content (not the folder itself) of the following folder :  "SiS\discovery\hsqldb\". (backup before deletion)
    5. Start SiS.
    6. Perform resynchronize from the SiS

II - Recreating the target IDs:

1. Stop SiteScope.
    2. Back up SiteScope\persistency.
    3. Open SiteScope\bin\PersistencyViewer.bat
    4. Open persistency.
    5. Find _topazTargetsid object and remove it.
    6. Start SiteScope. Target ids will be recreated and synced with monitors.
    7. Perform hard sync.

Hope this could help you.

Regards

Elmassimo

Children
  • Hello Elmassimo,

the main problem was, that while we have upgraded SiS 11.24 to 11.32 the checkbox for "Sending data to BSM" (Integrations Settings for BSM in SiS) was set. It seems that SiS does this by its own, when detecting a non valid license (so documented in the Online Help). After disabling the checkbox, data is shown in BSM, but the error is still in the log.

I have played around and found this workaround:

• Changing Node entry for each monitor from FQDN to Hostname
    • Save
    • Change Node entry back to FQDN
    • Save

--> No more errors for that monitor in the log

Thanks and kind regards

Allessandro

• Allesandro,

Can you give me a screen shot of where to find this option , i could not find any checkbox with "Sending data to BSM"  on SIS , please help.

Sara

• There also is a known error in SiteScope 11.32 which can lead to the error

2016-04-07 18:01:31,902 [TopologyReporterSender] (TopologyReporterSender.java:433) ERROR - failed to run main topology agent. topologyCommand=TopologyCommand{commandType=RUN_SCRIPT,
    name="monitor_properties">com.mercury.infra.xdr_utils.prop_bag_array@458476b2</destinationData></destination>, dataSource='SiteScope04', script='create_monitor.py', ..
    java.lang.Exception: Failed Running script :create_monitor.py

preventing SiteScope from sending the topology to BSM.

You might wanna contact Support, refer to
     QCIM1I119824 Topology sync issue after SiteScope upgrade
    and ask for the hotfix for the issue.

Greetings
    Siggi

• Hello,

sorry for delay and wrong text of the check box. Here is the screenshot where I have highlighted the checkbox.

Hallo Siggi, do you think that the HF can solve those errors from this post, too?

BR

Allessandro

• Hi Allessandro,,

as the stack trace of the initial post shows
    it can fix it, in no case it will hurt to give i a try.

Greetings
    Siggi

• I remember seeing similar error almost a year back. I think the cause was corrupted scripts on sitescope responsible for sending data to BSM. Solution was to delete those files (some python files I guess. Sorry dont remeber the exact location) and reintegrate with BSM. After this step, the required files will be downloaded to sitescope from BSM. This should solve the issue.