Need to monitor DB table space threshold based on an output file in UNIX

Hi,

The requirement from my customer is to monitor an Oracle table space which is in cluster and the DB team has written a script that will run and write the output on to a file and the output looks similar to the below mentioned. The problem that I face is that when I use a logfile monitor to monitor this I'm unable to compare the threshold value for every table space and generate an alarm. 

Please suggest me a better way to monitor the table space, customer wants to have an alarm whenever the size goes beyond 80% used.

TABLESPACE_NAME PERCENTAGE_USED SPACE_ALLOCATED SPACE_USED SPACE_FREE DATAFILES

------------------------------ --------------- --------------- ---------- ---------- ----------

SYSAUX                                 51.38                                      4000                2055.25            1944.75  2

UNDOTBS2                           32.84                                 102400               33627.5             68772.5 6

or is there anyway we can create a template that runs the script and from the scipt output we can compare the threshold and genereate an alarm.

Thanks,

Muthuvel.S

Parents
  • Hi.

Do you have DB SPI installed? If so, you can check on policy DBSPI-0206.1/ DBSPI-0203/ DBSPI-0006/ DBSPI-0003?

The will offer different options for you to analyze the table space and set thresholds to trigger messages, but if you do not have this feature you can always use the measurement threshold policy, and select on the threshold tab what type of script you will be running.

You could also make a script and run it with a schedule task policy.

• Hi.

Do you have DB SPI installed? If so, you can check on policy DBSPI-0206.1/ DBSPI-0203/ DBSPI-0006/ DBSPI-0003?

The will offer different options for you to analyze the table space and set thresholds to trigger messages, but if you do not have this feature you can always use the measurement threshold policy, and select on the threshold tab what type of script you will be running.

You could also make a script and run it with a schedule task policy.

Children
No Data