setup Websphere Application Server (v7) monitor on SiS 11.01

I posted this on the Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum and I wanan try my luck here to see if anyone can help me.

Abhijeet advised about the version of jar, I copy the jar from where the WAS is to the sitescope server, so the version should not be a problem.

ORG MSG

=========

I need to setup monitors for WAS7 on SiS 11.01. The Sitescope installed on a Win Server 2k8 r2; the WAS7 installed on RHEL6.

I followed the instructions from the PDF come with the SiS package (like get the jar and jks files from WAS) to setup the environment on the SiS server.

I enabled the PMI with MAX counters on the WAS Admin Console.

I can connect to the target machine's soap port with telnet from the SiS server but I can't get the counters with the following error:

Please help to get me through this!! Thanks

Here is the error log:

2012-07-20 17:10:52,617 [http-8080-Processor24] (APIMonitor.java:1341) ERROR - Failed to get class property details for property: availableCountersHierarchical in monitor type: WebSphereMonitor
COM.freshtech.SiteScopeException.SiteScopeOperatio

nalException: Error Code: 31008. Error Description: Error getting counters : Could not make a connection to WebSphere Application Server. Please check the connection properties, verify that the application server is running and try again (See the logs for details)
at com.mercury.sitescope.api.APIMonitor.getClassProperty(APIMonitor.java:3445)
at com.mercury.sitescope.api.APIMonitor.getClassPropertyDetails(APIMonitor.java:1319)
at com.mercury.sitescope.platform.configmanager.CountersTreeManager.getAvailableCounters(CountersTreeManager.java:109)
at com.mercury.sitescope.platform.configmanager.CountersTreeManager.getCountersTree(CountersTreeManager.java:55)
at com.mercury.sitescope.api.MonitorProxy.getAvailableCounters(MonitorProxy.java:420)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.mercury.util.proxy.servlet.RemoteProxyServlet.doPost(RemoteProxyServlet.java:60)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at com.mercury.sitescope.web.servlet.filter.AuthenticationFilterBase.doFilter(AuthenticationFilterBase.java:82)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at com.mercury.topaz.webinfra.filters.UserStatsLogFilter.doFilter(UserStatsLogFilter.java:113)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at com.mercury.sitescope.web.servlet.filter.MLUFilter.doFilter(MLUFilter.java:54)
at com.mercury.sitescope.web.servlet.filter.SecurityContentFilter.doFilter(SecurityContentFilter.java:62)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:524)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at com.mercury.sitescope.web.tomcat.valves.RequestParametersParserValve.invoke(RequestParametersParserValve.java:45)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

=========

Tags: