changing threshold for datastore utilisation

HI,

can someone help me know how to change the threshold to monitor datastore utilization as i cound not find any configuration for datastore in the policy vPV Custom Alert Sensitivity Definition.

Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks for your quick response, I tried to search for the setting i could not find the namespace other than the below entries..

grep -i pvcd.PO DatastoreSpaceUtilMonitor.py
    DiskHeadRoom = int(pvmonutils.GetThresholdValue("pvcd.PO","RIGHTSIZE_DISK_HEADROOM"))
     grep -i RIGHTSIZE_DISK_HEADROOM DatastoreSpaceUtilMonitor.py
    DiskHeadRoom = int(pvmonutils.GetThresholdValue("pvcd.PO","RIGHTSIZE_DISK_HEADROOM"))

• you need to use the command /opt/OV/bin/ovconfchg -edit - this opens up the settings in vi editor. edit the value for disk headroom setting.

• Verified Answer

Here is the excerpt from Cloud Optimizer 3.01 online help (pdf version, page 168):

To change the sensitivity as Custom
    1. Log on as an administrator.
    2. Go to the following location:
    /var/opt/OV/conf/PV/Monitoring/SensitiveFiles
    3. Open the vPV_Alerts_Custom_Configuration.ini file.
    4. Edit the sensitivity parameters as per your requirements.
    Note: Additionally, you can change the threshold value for datastore space utilization. The threshold value for datastore space utilization = 100 - RIGHTSIZE_DISK_HEADROOM. By default, the parameter RIGHTSIZE_DISK_HEADROOM is set to 10. So, the default threshold value is 90.
    To change the threshold value to 75,
    a. Edit the vPV-CustomAlertSensitivityDefinition policy.
    b. Update RIGHTSIZE_DISK_HEADROOM as follows:
    [pvcd.PO]
    RIGHTSIZE_DISK_HEADROOM=25
    5. Run the script: /opt/OV/lbin/PV/ChangeAlertSensitivity.py custom. Alerts are now be sent based on the customized threshold values.

Hope this helps.

• Hi,

i could not find that setting in the file. please advise.

[root@LWLIPIR04 SensitiveFiles]# grep -i RIGHTSIZE_DISK_HEADROOM vPV_Alerts_Custom_Configuration.ini

• Can someone helps how to change the datastore threshold, not able to find  RIGHTSIZE_DISK_HEADROOM

in /var/opt/OV/conf/PV/Monitoring/SensitiveFiles

• ovconfchg -edit

scroll down to [pvcd.PO]

Here you can set the values:

RIGHTSIZE_CPU_HEADROOM=20
    RIGHTSIZE_DISK_HEADROOM=10
    RIGHTSIZE_MEM_HEADROOM=20

You may also execute the below command:

ovconfchg -ns pvcd.PO -set RIGHTSIZE_DISK_HEADROOM <value>

Verify the set value

ovconfget pvcd.PO