Significance of "Info" status of KPI for CI in top view.

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the significance of "info" of KPI for CI in top view.

Went throgh some forums not getting exact meaning.

Can anybody please explain me this?

Adding screenshot for the ref.

BR,

Ak 

• Hi Ak,

The status "Info" of KPI indicating that:

The KPI has a value and no status. The reason is that the KPI's thresholds have not yet been specified. 

For details on setting thresholds, Please have a look administrator application guide.

Thanks,

Au

• Hi Au,

That is what I read from guide but if you look at my screenshot the CI is having "Unresolved Events" KPI & Node status as health indicator.

As far as I know we cant set threshold for such CI as it changes the status according to the event arrived.

FYI...This is an node CI which sent by NNM through topology integration.

BR,
    Ak

• Hi AK,

The status is as you see it because the KPI was assigned but no event has ever come for this CI yet. IF you like the KPI to be in normal (green) status until the first event comes there is an Infrastructure setting in OMi that can change this behavior. This is normal for NNMi topology since often there is some time before the first event comes after the topology is transferred.  The info status also means not up to date.

Cheers,

Rosen

• Hi Rosen,

I have also lots of CI in light blue colour as well. What it depict then?

Sorry for being greedy here :)

BR,

Ak

• Hi AK,

The same explanation should apply for those CIs. The only difference I can see between info and not up to date in this case is the fact that the info ones has a value. But if those CIs never received an event the Infra setting can make them normal by default. If they received an event but then were reset by some reason then the infra would not influence it.

Regards,

Rosen

• Hi AK,

The same explanation should apply for those CIs. The only difference I can see between info and not up to date in this case is the fact that the info ones has a value. But if those CIs never received an event the Infra setting can make them normal by default. If they received an event but then were reset by some reason then the infra would not influence it.

Regards,

Rosen

• Hi AK,

Regards,

Rosen

• Verified Answer

in general, the Unassigned/Unresolved Events KPIs are being created only when event gets resolved to that CI. then the KPI will show the worst status of open events against that CI.

w/o more information about how the KPIs were created in your setup (maybe you modified propagation rule of business rule) we won't know the exact answer. also, it could well be that the open events' severities are "unknown" (and not one of the regular statuses) and then the KPI will show "info" status.

if you will open support case they will be able to investigate and get to the root cause of this (uncommon) situation.