SHR: Custom Report Creation Options

The BIAR from HPLN that can be imported, as per the one and only how-to video I found online does not include a Systems Management report that will allow me to choose a list of 100-200 servers and show 10-15 OVPA/CODA metrics on them that are available via OVPM graphing. Any ideas or direction, besides pointing me to CDE?

• Hi Mike,

Regarding OVPM  graphing metrics to be included in SHR, getting schema and metrics collection/loading needs to be done via CDE generated artifacts only.  or else with the existing content packs artifacts, you can modify and use for these new metrics.

• Resource Utilization - Trend is the report I want to edit, to avoid using CDE, which I think is unweildy at best.

When I click on the Edit button in the menu of the report, in the upper-right hand side, I get the following error:

An error has occurred: No ReportEngine instance exists for the token.

• Hi Mike,

This error is again because of Webiintelligence processer is down/running/failed state.

Before editing the report, is the required metrics and data are there in the database? if yes you can edit the report without CDE.

• Before starting this post, I checked the status of all of the BO servers in CMC and they are all running and enabled.

Could this be a scenario where I need to create an additional WEBI server as per the Troubleshooting Guide, to help handle the load?

All of the required metrics are definitely in the DB. We are talking about the CODA/OVPM/hpsensor core metrics, like Disk Utilization, CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, etc.

• in the resource utilization report, i think we have already these cpu,memory,disk utilization metrics are already there.

creation of additional webi server won't help if issue comes only for one report. probably it is crossing 2 GB heap size while refreshing this report.  is this server crashing is only for this report or other reports as well.

• Yes, the metrics are already in the DB. However, if I cannot get them out, they are pretty much useless. ;-)

WEBI services are enabled and running.

Which log would show OutOfMemory errors, and how do I increase the WEBI heap?

• hi Mike,

i hope you know how to bring new metrics in the Business objects universe and add it into report. just in case if you don't have BO documentation, i have attached here.(rename .jpg to .pdf)

For out of memory errors, you can verify in the Business object installation location "logging" folder

• Thanks for the documentation. I really appreciate it.

I am quite familiar with the logging directory. However, if I find java OutofMemory errors there, how do I increase heap, or are we talking about the BO WebServer settings, which I am more than familiar with, regarding upping memory?

Update:

I did find the following error:

<ERROR COMPONENT="WIS" ERRORCODE="30285" ERRORTYPE="USER" MESSAGE="The Web Intelligence server is running out of memory, your document has been closed. If the problem persists, contact your BusinessObjects administrator. (Error: ERR_WIS_30285)" PREFIX="ERR">
    <DEBUGINFO BORESULT="5" FILENAME="kdgWICDZ_i_private.cpp" LINEPOSITION="3927" MODULENAME="WICDZServer"/>
    <REQUESTINFO COMMANDID="" COMMANDNAME="" DPID="" DPLONGNAME="" DPNAME=""/>
    <REASON>
    <CONTENT>
    </CONTENT>
    </REASON>
    </ERROR>
    </ERRORS>
    [kdgWICDZProc.cpp;740]
    kdgWICDZProc.cpp:740:void __thiscall WICDZProcBasic::generateResult(class OBFixSeq<unsigned char> *&,const char *,const char *,const char *,const unsigned char *,const unsigned char *,class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > *,int,bool &,bool): TraceLog message 4609
    2016/05/31 19:33:49.105|>>|E| |42420|24704| |||||||||||||||**ERROR:WICDZ_i:Error stream : <ERRORS>
    <ERROR COMPONENT="WIS" ERRORCODE="10008" ERRORTYPE="SUPERVISOR" LENGTH="10" MESSAGE="Unrecognized Object Key &apos;DP0.DOd9e&apos; in Tokenized expression at position 19. (WIS 10008)" POSITION="19" PREFIX="ERR">
    <DEBUGINFO/>
    <REQUESTINFO/>
    <REASON MODULE="C3QE">
    <CONTENT>
    </CONTENT>
    </REASON>
    </ERROR>
    </ERRORS>

• i am talking about report out of memory issues. if you have faced report outof memory which is a cap of 1.6 GB for only perticular report, we can increase upto 2 GB in the webintelligence processing server properties in CMC/servers.if the error is coming for every report, you can create another new webintelligence processing server.

• I am getting errors like the following all of the time. See below from the logs.

<ERROR COMPONENT="WIS" ERRORCODE="30285" ERRORTYPE="USER" MESSAGE="The Web Intelligence server is running out of memory, your document has been closed. If the problem persists, contact your BusinessObjects administrator. (Error: ERR_WIS_30285)" PREFIX="ERR">
    <DEBUGINFO BORESULT="5" FILENAME="kdgWICDZ_i_private.cpp" LINEPOSITION="3927" MODULENAME="WICDZServer"/>
    <REQUESTINFO COMMANDID="" COMMANDNAME="" DPID="" DPLONGNAME="" DPNAME=""/>
    <REASON>
    <CONTENT>
    </CONTENT>
    </REASON>
    </ERROR>
    </ERRORS>
    [kdgWICDZProc.cpp;740]
    kdgWICDZProc.cpp:740:void __thiscall WICDZProcBasic::generateResult(class OBFixSeq<unsigned char> *&,const char *,const char *,const char *,const unsigned char *,const unsigned char *,class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > *,int,bool &,bool): TraceLog message 4609
    2016/05/31 19:33:49.105|>>|E| |42420|24704| |||||||||||||||**ERROR:WICDZ_i:Error stream : <ERRORS>
    <ERROR COMPONENT="WIS" ERRORCODE="10008" ERRORTYPE="SUPERVISOR" LENGTH="10" MESSAGE="Unrecognized Object Key &apos;DP0.DOd9e&apos; in Tokenized expression at position 19. (WIS 10008)" POSITION="19" PREFIX="ERR">
    <DEBUGINFO/>
    <REQUESTINFO/>
    <REASON MODULE="C3QE">
    <CONTENT>
    </CONTENT>
    </REASON>
    </ERROR>
    </ERRORS>

Regarding upping the limit from 1.6 GB to 2.0 GB, are you referencing this parameter:

Memory Maximum Threshold (MB)

???

Is this in the SHR/OBR Troubleshooting Guide? If it is not, it certainly should be.

Also...

When I went into the CMC, I saw a red flag in the Stale column for the WEBI server.

In what log would I see this, as monitoring should be put into place via OM, OMi, SiteScope, etc. to monitor for these memory errors, BO Servers being in a stale state and so forth?