Could not get IP-address (OpC20-1511) - solution required

Hi All,

I am getting the following Error in my OVOVW 7.5 Console.

Warnings occurred during the read of the
VPO responsible manager configuration. (OpC30-1203)
line 12 WARNING: Could not get IP-address (OpC20-1511)
line 15 WARNING: Could not get IP-address (OpC20-1511)
line 19 WARNING: Could not get IP-address (OpC20-1511)
line 22 WARNING: Could not get IP-address (OpC20-1511)
Configuration file '/Program Files/HP OpenView/Installed Packages/{790C06B4-844E-11D2-972B-080009EF8C2A}/conf/OpC/mgrconf' contains warning or syntax errors. (OpC20-208)

Can you please advise me about the error ::
Could not get IP-address (OpC20-1511)

Arijit

Parents
  • Hi Arijit,

There are two reasons for this error which comes for mgrconf file.

- Sometimes because of any network issue, the node fails to communicate with one or all management servers mentioned in the mgrconf.
    - Sometimes when a node is rebooted, it takes time to connect to the DNS and in between our HPOV agent fails to communicate with the mgt server's and gives this alert.

Do, remember that if you get this alert and once the agent or node is recycled, the temp or mgrconf files will become corrupt and node cant forward the messages to the mgt server, So replacing mgrconf is recomended once you get this alert on the node.

- Gaurav -
  • Hi Arijit,

There are two reasons for this error which comes for mgrconf file.

- Sometimes because of any network issue, the node fails to communicate with one or all management servers mentioned in the mgrconf.
    - Sometimes when a node is rebooted, it takes time to connect to the DNS and in between our HPOV agent fails to communicate with the mgt server's and gives this alert.

Do, remember that if you get this alert and once the agent or node is recycled, the temp or mgrconf files will become corrupt and node cant forward the messages to the mgt server, So replacing mgrconf is recomended once you get this alert on the node.

- Gaurav -
Children
No Data