SAM license is not required for events integration between sitescope and OMi. But if SAM license is not there then you can not view any report under Applications->SAM.
But events integration if you have single server deployment you have to grant the certificate from the bsm server
If yoy have the distributed environment ( dps and GW different servers) then in platform settings you have to mention DPs server as certificate server and grant the certificate from DPS.
In a nutshell:
- Install the Operations Agent via the SiteScope config tool
- Open the new OM integration window - "HP OA installation path" should be correctly resolved
- Enter your BSM server name
- Select "Enable sending events" and "Connect directly to BSM" checkbox
- Click on "Connect" button
- Go to your BSM machine, run "ovcm -l -listpending" from command line
- Run "ovcm -grant <Request_ID>" - id was shown in output from "Connect" button and from previous command too
- Click on "Install Policies" button in SiteScope
- Click on "Analyze" or "Send test event" or "Send test message" if you like