Extract Sitescope Monitors List from command-line/alternate method

Hello there,

Is there any way to extract sitescope monitors list with group name using command-line/alteranate method.

A SOAP API calls are there but it is complicated to locate groups and its monitors from the xml data.Method used is:

• getConfigurationSnapshotEx

Please help if any easy and convinient methods are there.

Sitescope Version : 11.26

http://localhost:8080/sitescope/services/APIConfigurationImpl.

Thanks

Ansif

Tags:

Parents
  • Verified Answer

Hi Ansif,
    if the API call is too complicated for you with respect of parsing the output
    (I acutally thought we only introdcued this API in 11.3x),
    you can easily create a Monitor report with all the fields you need (for example Monitor Title and Group) and then export the report to for example .csv, then you'll get (for example):

HP SiteScope Monitor Report - Table
    "Monitor Title","Group",
    "CPU sov02bac13.eu.hpecorp.net","Health of my Diag systems: sov02bac13.eu.hpecorp.net Windows",
    "DB Query MSSQL sov02bac16 VM402_BSM_MGMT","SGTest",
    "DDS bac13_15.119.185.63","SGTest",
    "DynDisk sov02bac13.eu.hpecorp.net","Health of my Diag systems: sov02bac13.eu.hpecorp.net Windows",

Greetings
    Siggi

• Thanks a lot Siggi,that works like a charm. 

Now, is there any option to create this report from command line, actually I need to call this from HP OO and perform deletion of monitors that is not required.

Regards,

Ansif

• Hi Ansif,

there is no command line interface or API call  to generate the report,
    except of  the API function get_quick_report.
    You might wanna check out if get_quick_report is useful for your task.

The URL used by SiteScope to generate the report is
    http://<SiteScope_Server>/SiteScope/rfw/generate.do?popUp=true&clearCrumbs=true
    but this only works if you are logged in to SiteScope and executed the report already.

Greetings
    Siggi

• Hello Siggi, your URL gives on our SIS (11.32) the error SiteScope encountered an internal error which prevents you from viewing this page. If the problem persists, please contact customer support. also if I am logged in to SIS regards Florian
Reply Children
  • Florian,

..but this only works if you are logged in to SiteScope and executed the report already...

The URL doesn't work if you start the SiteScope GUI and just access it, you need to have generated the report first at least once. I guess that the URL simply takes results form a cache or alike,
    but in a nutshell it is note useful for Ansif's request.

Greetings
    Siggi