Difference between BPM as process (catalina.bat) and BPM as service running as specific user

Hello

I have found some of my VUgen script suddenly dont work in BPM 9.26 IP1

SOme of these scripts run fine when they run either in "BPM as a process"

By BPM as a process I mean: BPM\ServletContainer\bin\catalina.bat run

Also these same scripts run when I run the BPM instance as a service (normal mode) but with the instance Running as a specific user (in the BPM web admin for the instance > congiguration> Run as specific user> enter domain credentials).

What is the difference between those running methods?
With BPm as a process I find that I cannot logout of the Remote Desktop otherwise the process is killed

ANy experiences with these two?

Thanks

Sergio

Parents Reply Children
  • You may have to make changes to the catalina.bat file to make it work.  First get it to work manually by running  <path to catalina.bat>\catalina.bat  from the root directory (that's how  taskscheduler runs it).  it seems that each BPM release has it's own quirks.  (9.25 had a conflict between the debug port and the PlugNPlay port 5000, 9.30 needs the CURRENT_DIR updated to point to <drive letter>:\HP\BPM\ServletContainer....etc). Don't forget to back up the original catalina.bat before you start changing it.

• You may have to make changes to the catalina.bat file to make it work.  First get it to work manually by running  <path to catalina.bat>\catalina.bat  from the root directory (that's how  taskscheduler runs it).  it seems that each BPM release has it's own quirks.  (9.25 had a conflict between the debug port and the PlugNPlay port 5000, 9.30 needs the CURRENT_DIR updated to point to <drive letter>:\HP\BPM\ServletContainer....etc). Don't forget to back up the original catalina.bat before you start changing it.