HP BSMC 9.20 installation Error on Window server 2012 R2 64 bit

Hi All,

I am trying to install BSMC 9.20 on window servers 2012 R2 with the help of BSM9IA_00013 but failed with installation. Any suggestion

Check that no patches are installed
Initialize action for com.hp.ov.installer.ovapp.core.ActionRunner@3cb1e1
'1' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
The system cannot find the path specified.
"INFO: (C:\Users\bsm_inst\AppData\Local\Temp\BSMConnector\run_uninstall_wizard.bat) Installation Name: BSMConnector"
"INFO: (product_upgrade_wizard) SITESCOPE_HOME set to: "
"INFO: (product_upgrade_wizard) PRODUCT_HOME set to: "
"INFO: (product_upgrade_wizard) LOG_PATH set to: \installation\BSMConnector\log\BSMConnector-Wed_12_14_02_59.log"
. ==========================================================================
. Executing Script: C:\BSMConnector\installation\bin\product_upgrade_wizard.bat
. JAVA: "\java\bin\java"
. JAVA_OPTS: -Dfile.appender.path="\installation\BSMConnector\log\BSMConnector-Wed_12_14_02_59.log" -Dlog4j.log.level=DEBUG -Dlog4j.configuration=install.properties
. CLASSPATH: "\installation\lib\installation-wizard.jar;\installation\lib\log4j.jar;\installation\lib\dom4j.jar;\installation\conf\;\installation\resources\;\installation\lib\jna.jar"
. MAINCLASS: com.hp.bsm.installation.Flow
. ARGS: PRODUCT BSMConnector 09.20.211 PRE_REMOVE NULL
. "\java\bin\java" -Dfile.appender.path="\installation\BSMConnector\log\BSMConnector-Wed_12_14_02_59.log" -Dlog4j.log.level=DEBUG -Dlog4j.configuration=install.properties -classpath "\installation\lib\installation-wizard.jar;\installation\lib\log4j.jar;\installation\lib\dom4j.jar;\installation\conf\;\installation\resources\;\installation\lib\jna.jar" com.hp.bsm.installation.Flow PRODUCT BSMConnector 09.20.211 PRE_REMOVE NULL
ERROR: Remove first all installed HPBSMC patches

Parents
  • Hi VarunMuthuRam,

by checking for known issues I found that you already opened a case for this issue,
    so I'll leave this to the support colleagues;
    However this message

looks like a missing script, which cannot be executed and thus the installer assumes that BSMC has been installed before:
    If you manage to find the failing script in the installation logfile, you might be able to correct the situation and the intallation can complete.
    I also read that you need to install an OA version which is supported with Windows 2012 to be able to iunstall BSMC:
    BSM Connector supports  Windows 2012 and Windows 2012R2
    The patch description of patch BSM9IA_00013 clearly mentions this:

This patch also allows to install BSM Connector on platforms not supported by the Operations Agent 11.02 coming with the BSM Connector media like Windows 2012 and 2012R2.

If BSM Connector needs to be installed on one of the OS versions the recommended installation order is:
    1) Install the Operations Agent supporting the corresponding OS version.
    2) Install BSM Connector via the corresponding installation patch BSM9IA_00013.

Greetings
    Siggi

• Hi VarunMuthuRam,

by checking for known issues I found that you already opened a case for this issue,
    so I'll leave this to the support colleagues;
    However this message

looks like a missing script, which cannot be executed and thus the installer assumes that BSMC has been installed before:
    If you manage to find the failing script in the installation logfile, you might be able to correct the situation and the intallation can complete.
    I also read that you need to install an OA version which is supported with Windows 2012 to be able to iunstall BSMC:
    BSM Connector supports  Windows 2012 and Windows 2012R2
    The patch description of patch BSM9IA_00013 clearly mentions this:

This patch also allows to install BSM Connector on platforms not supported by the Operations Agent 11.02 coming with the BSM Connector media like Windows 2012 and 2012R2.

If BSM Connector needs to be installed on one of the OS versions the recommended installation order is:
    1) Install the Operations Agent supporting the corresponding OS version.
    2) Install BSM Connector via the corresponding installation patch BSM9IA_00013.

Greetings
    Siggi

Children