SiteScope puppet agent monitoring

hi Everyone,

Is there any way to monitor Puppet agent with HP SiteScope?

Thanks

Sonia

Parents Reply Children
  • I think, file monitor is the best option to monitor parameters under yaml file.

But I stuck at epoch time in last_run_summary.yaml file.

Is there any way to capture difference between present epoch time and last_run time? Should never be more than 30 mins.

Sonia

• Can SiteScope monitor ruby script?

Ruby script for puppet monitoring is already exist on https://ask.puppet.com/question/939/how-can-i-monitor-the-puppet-agent-run/

Thanks

Sonia B

• Hi Sonia B,

if you manage to execute a Ruby script out of a SiteScope script monitor, you can do it,
    so yes.

Check out the SiteScope Monitor Reference manual:

Monitor Reference
    Chapter 89: Script Monitor
    Running Different Types of Scripts

You can run non-batch scripts, for example VBScript or Perl scripts, without wrapping them into a batch file.
    Note: This is supported only on Windows machines where SiteScope Server is the target of the Script
    monitor.

- You can see scripts with any extensions by adding the _scriptMonitorExtensions property to the
    master.config file. For example, to see .pl, .py, or .php scripts, use the following format:
    _scriptMonitorExtensions=.pl;.py;.php

- You can run script interpreters with script extensions by specifying the _scriptInterpreters property in the
    master.config file as follows:
    _scriptInterpreters=pl=c:/perl/perl.exe;py=c:/python/python.exe;php=c:/php/php.exe

Greetings
    Siggi