VPV Virtual Appliance on Oracle VirtualBox

Hi,

I'm trying to run a real basic setup of VPV on my machine, using Virtualbox

However, I can't get the networking to work, whatever option I use (Bridge, NAT etc).

When I start the VA, I get a message to run /opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_config_net in order to setup networking, but whatever settings I try to use, I cannot get a working connection externally to the Internet and from the Host to the VM.

does anyone have a working configuration set that he can recommend to use with Virtualbox?

Alternatively, what's the easiest way to run VPV locally as a POC?

Thanks,

Ran

Parents
  • Hi,

I guess the unfortune answer to this is, that vPV is not supported with Oracle VirtualBox.

You can check the Support Martix at:

Access to SUMA Suport Matrix Tool:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM323488

Please read the instructions on the page. In a nutshell:

1. download the SUMA.zip file

2. extract it

3. open SUMA.htm preffereable with Firefox for increased performance

Sorry to not have a better answer

Marc

• Marc, thanks, I gave up on the virtual appliance... and simply downloaded the Linux version

now I have a Centos VM running, but the installation is failing with:

vertica cannot be installed on lvm partions

so I'm going back to my initial question - what's the easiest and quickest way to get VPV POC running??

• To be more specific..

Installing vertica
    Initialize action for com.hp.ov.installer.ovapp.core.ActionRunner@5d64db48
    1bc-1.06.95-1 exists
    Preparing... ##################################################
    vertica ##################################################

Vertica Analytic Database V7.0.0-0 successfully installed on host localhost.localdomain

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Important Information
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you are upgrading from a previous version, you must backup your database before
    continuing with this install. After restarting your database, you will be unable
    to revert to a previous version of the software.

To download the latest Vertica documentation in zip or tar format please visit the
    myvertica web site.

To complete installation and configuration of the cluster,
    run: /opt/vertica/sbin/install_vertica

vertica cannot be installed on LVM partions.
    Install vertica failed.

• You need to either deploy the VA onto vCenter (not virtualbox), or install vPV on a centos linux with no lvm disks.

Simpler of the 2 is get yourself a vCenter (most likely the vcenter you wish to monitor from vPV) and deploy the VA.

• it's not that simple to load a VA into a vCenter that is used accross the organization.

Reply Children
No Data