How to Define Custom Metrics

Hello,

Is there a way to define new metrics in omi? Such as emptyspace in mb. In FILESYSTEM Class, we have FS_SPACE_USED and  FS_MAX_SIZE. Can I create a metric by extracting these two?

Regards,

Parents
  • I have collection and monitoring policies for application-specific metrics using Measurement Threshold policies. 

For example, I have an application that does some batch processing. Application admins want to know when the number of jobs in the queue reaches a certain threshold, and they want to see a graph of it over time. They have a command that outputs the number of jobs in the queue. I can use this to derive a new metric in a measurement threshold policy, store it in CODA and create a performance dashboard in OBM for their graphing needs.

So in "Sources" you create a new one, use the opcmon command, and embed your "source data" command in backticks (at least in Linux).

/opt/OV/bin/opcmon [policy name]=`[command with numeric output]`

Check the box for "Store in CODA" and you can graph it like any other metric.

• I have collection and monitoring policies for application-specific metrics using Measurement Threshold policies. 

For example, I have an application that does some batch processing. Application admins want to know when the number of jobs in the queue reaches a certain threshold, and they want to see a graph of it over time. They have a command that outputs the number of jobs in the queue. I can use this to derive a new metric in a measurement threshold policy, store it in CODA and create a performance dashboard in OBM for their graphing needs.

So in "Sources" you create a new one, use the opcmon command, and embed your "source data" command in backticks (at least in Linux).

/opt/OV/bin/opcmon [policy name]=`[command with numeric output]`

Check the box for "Store in CODA" and you can graph it like any other metric.

Children
No Data