JBoss error message in jboss_server.log

Hello community,

I was in the process of troubleshooting the BSM issue and I found the Error message that I am not quite sure what it means.

My understanding is that jboss_server.log is basically "logs all JBoss activities including JBoss messages, deployment and startup status". and it's located <HPBSM>\log directory.

When looking through, there is a one line that I am not quite sure what it means.

(URLDeploymentScanner.java:660) ERROR - Incomplete Deployment listing: --- Packages waiting for a deployer --- org.jboss.DeploymentInfo@f70edd3f {url=file: /HPBSM/AppServer/deploy/Site/placeholder.txt} deployer: null status: null state: INIT_WAITING_DEPLOYER watch: ................... (I am omiting some info because it's pretty much same with different numbers)

I've looked at the /HPBSM/AppServer/deploy/Site/placeholder.txt but I did not see anything in there.

Can anyone tell me what this ERROR message indicate? Or is it too vague of a question? Or perhaps it's not a big of deal?

Thanks,

Parents
  • Hi

What BSM version do you us? In any case, I think so that you should clean temporary files jboss. Because, occasionally GW server suffer this kind of problem.

• Hi Torito,

Thanks for your response.

BSM 9.25 distributed environment with a DPS and 2 GWs, Windows Server 2012 R2/DataCenter

The below is the action I took:

I tried to clearing the JBOSS cache as below:
    >Stop BSM, making sure there are no Topaz processes left, and stop the IIS service, IIS admin service, and WWW publishing servicee (if use IIS).
    >>Go to %HPBSM_HOME%/EJBContainer/server/mercury/tmp/deploy, and delete its contents.
    >>Go to %HPBSM_HOME%/EJBContainer/server/mercury/tmp/sessions, and delete its contents.
    >>Go to %HPBSM_HOME%/EJBContainer/server/mercury/work, and delete its contents
    >>Start the IIS ervice (if use IIS) and BSM

This did not do much either.

Any new ideas or approach will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

• Verified Answer

Hi yangnigon,

JBoss simply tells that it checks the file /HPBSM/AppServer/deploy/Site/placeholder.txt hasn't been deployed.
    This will never happen, as a .txt file cannot be deployed.

On my 9.26 IP2 system I can find in C:\HPBSM\AppServer\deploy\Site\ the file sitetmc-jboss-server.jar,
    I guess on your box you will have the same file plus "placeholder.txt"

If your only message about not eployed is on placeholder.zxz, you can ignore it.

Greetings
    Siggi

• Verified Answer

Hi yangnigon,

JBoss simply tells that it checks the file /HPBSM/AppServer/deploy/Site/placeholder.txt hasn't been deployed.
    This will never happen, as a .txt file cannot be deployed.

On my 9.26 IP2 system I can find in C:\HPBSM\AppServer\deploy\Site\ the file sitetmc-jboss-server.jar,
    I guess on your box you will have the same file plus "placeholder.txt"

If your only message about not eployed is on placeholder.zxz, you can ignore it.

Greetings
    Siggi

Children
No Data