SiteScope Failover server v11.3x upgrade process

Upgrading SiteScope from v11.24 to v11.33 IP5 (LINUX).

I have completed the Primary server upgrade to v11.33 IP5.  Failover Server was stopped the entire time.

When upgrading the Failover server (uninstall all v11.2x then install all v11.3x):

- do i still need to export Failover config and import as part of v11.30 Failover setup? or will the first 'mirror' pick-up all the config from Primary automatically?

- Can i start v11.30 failover *before* installing v11.33 or IP5?  or do i need to wait until Failover is up to IP5 (same as primary) before starting Failover in order to have exact same version on both Primary and Failover?

Tags:

Parents
  • Hello Eric,

Please find the response to your questions below:

- do i still need to export Failover config and import as part of v11.30 Failover setup? or will the first 'mirror' pick-up all the config from Primary automatically?

A/ No, it is not necessary to export any Failover configuration, the Mirroring will pick up all the configuration. 

- Can i start v11.30 failover *before* installing v11.33 or IP5?  or do i need to wait until Failover is up to IP5 (same as primary) before starting Failover in order to have exact same version on both Primary and Failover?

A/ Both, Primary and Failover have to be running the same version and patches.

Regards,

• Thank you both Siggi and Kevin for your comments.

Since Failover does not require export/import, then this is basically a *new* install of Failover.  Not really an 'upgrade'.  I will lose the SSL server cert (serverKeystore) since it was HTTPS, and also the license file, so i would need to load them manually.

Agree?

• Verified Answer

Hi Eric,

yes, as the configuration is not exported and imported, you would lose this type of information and provide it to SiteScope Failover again.

Greetings
    Siggi

Reply Children
No Data