SiteScope Failover server v11.3x upgrade process

Upgrading SiteScope from v11.24 to v11.33 IP5 (LINUX).

I have completed the Primary server upgrade to v11.33 IP5.  Failover Server was stopped the entire time.

When upgrading the Failover server (uninstall all v11.2x then install all v11.3x):

- do i still need to export Failover config and import as part of v11.30 Failover setup? or will the first 'mirror' pick-up all the config from Primary automatically?

- Can i start v11.30 failover *before* installing v11.33 or IP5?  or do i need to wait until Failover is up to IP5 (same as primary) before starting Failover in order to have exact same version on both Primary and Failover?

Tags:

Parents
  • Hello Eric,

Please find the response to your questions below:

- do i still need to export Failover config and import as part of v11.30 Failover setup? or will the first 'mirror' pick-up all the config from Primary automatically?

A/ No, it is not necessary to export any Failover configuration, the Mirroring will pick up all the configuration. 

- Can i start v11.30 failover *before* installing v11.33 or IP5?  or do i need to wait until Failover is up to IP5 (same as primary) before starting Failover in order to have exact same version on both Primary and Failover?

A/ Both, Primary and Failover have to be running the same version and patches.

Regards,

• Hello Eric,

Please find the response to your questions below:

A/ No, it is not necessary to export any Failover configuration, the Mirroring will pick up all the configuration. 

A/ Both, Primary and Failover have to be running the same version and patches.

Regards,

Children