BSM Report

Hi Expert,

We have BSM integrated with HP SM for incident ticket creation, And I want to generate the Report in HP BSM for all the incident created by BSM OMi event with the current status of the incident in HP SM,

How I can configure in BSM, Please suggest me on this,

Thanks you so much,

Regards,

Binod

• You cannot do it in BSM.

You'd better ask this question in SM forum - maybe it's somehow possible to get such report in SM.

• Hi Dmitry,

Thank you so much for your reply,

Okay fine this report we cannot generate from BSM, But I hope that we can generate the CI and Service Level Report,

We have integrated Sitescope as data collector to BSM and UCMDB also for CIT sync and we are receiving the event from Sitescope, When I am generating the CI status report or KPI related report it’s not giving any data,

I am getting the message saying that "No Data Found"

To generate the CI status Report or Service Report do we need to customization on any component in BSM if Yes then which component,

Thanks,

Regards,

Binod

• you didnt mention on which CI you generate the report and whether your events resolve to that CI and they have resolved to HIs and if those HIs are impacting KPIs.

once you answer these questions we will be able to help you. screenshots are welcomed.

• you didnt mention on which CI you generate the report and whether your events resolve to that CI and they have resolved to HIs and if those HIs are impacting KPIs.

once you answer these questions we will be able to help you. screenshots are welcomed.

• Hi Asaf,

I am trying to generate Report for Sitescope monitor, I selected the System Monitor views and then clicked on the existing monitor and tried to generate Reports,

Please find the attached screenshot,

Please let me know if you need more details,

Thanks,

Reagrds,

Binod

• are you sure you had CI Status Alert for that CI??? maybe it doesnt show data because there is no data??

• Hi Asaf,

Thanks for your reply,

For that CI we have lots of event in BSM OMi browser which comes from SiteScope, in the KPI Over Time and other Report also I am not getting any data if I am selecting the OOB System Monitors,

i> Do I need to create Any view or Model to generate these Report?

ii> Can you please explain how the HI and KPI is automatically assigning to the event or we have to create the HI and KPI for the particular event,

Note: when I am selecting System monitors view in Event Browser filter, Its not showing any event do we need to add sitescope CI to System monitors manually.

Thanks,

Regards,

Binod

• Binod,

you dont see KPI Over Time for SiS monitors since it is disabled by-design.  CI Status Alerts will be generated only if you will create them...

as for your questions:

1) no, you just need to use the "real" CI which is monitored by this SiS monitor. do NOT use the SiS monitor anymore.

2) yes, but there isnt enough place here. i suggest training.

have you read this blog: View article...? it will help you understand why you shouldnt use the SiS monitor and how to get away from it.

• Hi Asaf,

Thank you so much asaf for your Response,

One more thing, I configured the SMTP details in below place:

Platform Administration - Recipient Notification Service (Alerts Default Mail Settings)

With Server name, username, password and I am receiving the alert in my mail

Scheduled Reports - Email configuration

I filled the details except user name and pwd because we don’t have the field for it, But I am not able to send the report on mail,

Do i need to do any extra configuration in SMTP or BSM  to send the scheduled report on mail,

Thanks,

Regards,

Binod