master.config not saving updates

SiteScope 11.24

Windows 2012 R2

Hello, we are running into an issue on one of our servers where we are updating the master.config but it is not saving the updates. I have tried updating the file a couple of different ways (stop sis, update file, start sis or update file then restart sis) but each time, after restarting the SiteScope server, the file reverts back to its previous version with a newer timestamp. Any idea why this would be? Could this be cached somewhere?

Tags:

Parents
  • Hello

Have you checked if there is any backup of the master.config file under groups folder?, if so, you must delete it and leave only one master.config file.

Best regards,

Allan D.

• Hey Allan,

I have made sure there is no backup file in the groups directory and it still somehow reverts back to a previous version. Most recently, I stopped SiteScope > copied the master.config to another directory and made my changes > deleted the old master.config > and finally moved the new master.config to the groups directory and started SiteScope. However, after doing this, a master.config.bak was created (which has my changes) and the master.config looks to be the old file I deleted. Any ideas why it is doing this?  

• Hey Allan,

I have made sure there is no backup file in the groups directory and it still somehow reverts back to a previous version. Most recently, I stopped SiteScope > copied the master.config to another directory and made my changes > deleted the old master.config > and finally moved the new master.config to the groups directory and started SiteScope. However, after doing this, a master.config.bak was created (which has my changes) and the master.config looks to be the old file I deleted. Any ideas why it is doing this?  

Children