SiteScope Flooding BSM Dashboard

Hello,

We have 2 instances of SiteScope that have a tendancy to send a massive amount of alerts to BSM.  I have noticed it happens after a restart of the application and occasionally without a restart.  I am looking for maybe an explanation and perhaps a way to mitigate these alerts.  The alerts are not newly triggered, just resent to BSM en mass.

The instances of SiteScope are all on windows and are 11.24.241 64-bit JVM, Build 165 (we have 2 servers with this build and it appears that only one is flooding BSM) and 11.24.391 64-bit JVM, Build 333.  I have limited access to the servers themselves right now, but any information/suggestions I can collect will be passed on to our admin for further trouble-shooting.  Thanks for any help you can give on this.

Tags:

Parents
  • Hello jbegly,

Could you please let us know if on the Sitescope 11.24.391 64-bit JVM, Build 333,  this behavior is reproduced?

Or is just with the version: 11.24.241 64-bit JVM, Build 165?

Maybe this can be a known issue and the fix is available on an IP patch.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Best Regards,

• Thank you for your response, we have had this occur in both versions, actually.

• From your explanation I may thing that could be related to SiteScope Restarts. Can you check if when you notice this huge amount of alerts, SiteScope is restarting or restarted?

A good advice is to check the Skip monitor configuration. I think by default when a monitor arrives to 10 skips, SiteScope restarts (you can check that on SiteScope > Preferences > General Preferences) if this is the case, disable the option for restart SiteScope to a certain number of restarts. and check in the Skip_monitor.log if you have monitors that arrive to more than the number is previously setup in the SiteScope Preferences. 

For the Skip monitors, please check the frequency of the monitors. could be that this monitors did not have enough time to finish the request before the next scheduled run causing the skips. If this is the case decrease the frequency (for example from 1 minute to 5 minutes).

• From your explanation I may thing that could be related to SiteScope Restarts. Can you check if when you notice this huge amount of alerts, SiteScope is restarting or restarted?

A good advice is to check the Skip monitor configuration. I think by default when a monitor arrives to 10 skips, SiteScope restarts (you can check that on SiteScope > Preferences > General Preferences) if this is the case, disable the option for restart SiteScope to a certain number of restarts. and check in the Skip_monitor.log if you have monitors that arrive to more than the number is previously setup in the SiteScope Preferences. 

For the Skip monitors, please check the frequency of the monitors. could be that this monitors did not have enough time to finish the request before the next scheduled run causing the skips. If this is the case decrease the frequency (for example from 1 minute to 5 minutes).

Children
No Data