BPM fails to start vugen trueclient script

Hi

i have recorder a simple web script with true client (vugen 12.50). The scripts passes the replay OK, but the bpm fails to start it. When I run it manually on the bpm, it shows an interactive message windows message window (see attached 1 and 2) with empty chrome window

I tried with both BPM 9.25 and 9.26

Not sure how to proceed, any help is appreteated

Robert

Parents
  • I saw the exact same issue on BPM 9.25.  However, when I moved to another BPM 9.25 BPM, it is working fine.  Any idea what to check?

I can run from Vugen on the BPM server.  The script runs fine, however, on the BPM, it does not even start.  It saying "running" for ever.

Rufeng

• Answer from support: (LR 12.50 and web trueclient have some unsolved issue for now)

The behavior that you describe is reproducible and is currently under investigation from the LoadRunner support team.

The exact cause of why this is happening is still unknown but the most likely suspect the new “truclient web” protocol which was introduced with Vugen 12.50.

BPM 9.26, despite supporting Vugen 12.50 fails to run the scripts from this type.

In the previous Vugen version (12.02) there are “truclient IE” and “truculent FF” protocols, which are replaced in Vugen 12.50 with “truclient web”.

One workaround that you can try is to record the truclient script that you need in Vugen 12.02, verify that its running fine there and then assign that script to BPM 9.26 to check if it will work normally.

• I am running vugen 12.02 and BPM 9.25 and we are getting same error for Truclient IE  but i don't think its impacting the script to run.This popup will come and go away if you didn't take any action.

• In our case, BPM 9.26 successfully replays our TruClient-Firefox scripts that were developed with Vugen 12.02.  However, a TruClient-Web script, whether created from scratch with Vugen 12.50 or created by using the provided Conversion Tool on a TC-FF script, fails to execute on a 9.26 BPM.  When the 9.26 BPM launches the TC-Web script, we can see (via session 0) a "blank" FF browser window open.  The script just hangs after that.  I've attached the mdrv.log that shows the errors that are occuring.  I have also opened a ticket with Software Support.

• Has this issue been fixed?  My TruClient script has to be done with Chromium so the VUGEN 12.02 workaround won't work.

• Hi,

Let's just hope the new VuGen 12.53 will fix that...

• Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply, I am not monitoring this group.

This post includes different issues unrelated to one another. I will try to clarify a few points. Should you be interested in further details I suggest posting TruClient related questions in LoadRunner practionnaries forum which I am monitoring on a daily basis.

1. The dialog with "View the message" note on it is a Windows dialog that appear in case "Interactive Services Detection" service is turned on. BPM runs as a service and as a result any process it invokes runs as a service as well. TruClient is one of these processes. The difference between TruClient and other protocols is that is has UI. When "Interactive Services Detection" service is turned on, it allows interacting with services desktop to view the UI process running there. it is not a limitation, nor an issue. This is the behavior

2.  There is no general limitation of TruClient not running on this or that version of BPM. There are very specific limitations in very specific cases (e.g. IE does not support local storage when running as a service and as a result TC IE cannot support it either.). Before you conclude there is a general limitation for which TruClient does not work at all in a specific BPM version please triple check it.

3.  I have seen several comments of people trying to run scripts created in version X against BPM agent that supports X-1 or even X-2. I admit it is hard to remember LoadRunner-BPM compatibility matrix. My solution was to print it and place it in front of my eyes in my cubicle :-). I suggest doing the same since many of the issues you complain about here are related to that

4. If you are certain the version of the script is compatible with the BPM agent please open a ticket and HPE experts will handle that.

Thanks in advance,

Shlomi, TruClient R&D

• Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply, I am not monitoring this group.

This post includes different issues unrelated to one another. I will try to clarify a few points. Should you be interested in further details I suggest posting TruClient related questions in LoadRunner practionnaries forum which I am monitoring on a daily basis.

1. The dialog with "View the message" note on it is a Windows dialog that appear in case "Interactive Services Detection" service is turned on. BPM runs as a service and as a result any process it invokes runs as a service as well. TruClient is one of these processes. The difference between TruClient and other protocols is that is has UI. When "Interactive Services Detection" service is turned on, it allows interacting with services desktop to view the UI process running there. it is not a limitation, nor an issue. This is the behavior

2.  There is no general limitation of TruClient not running on this or that version of BPM. There are very specific limitations in very specific cases (e.g. IE does not support local storage when running as a service and as a result TC IE cannot support it either.). Before you conclude there is a general limitation for which TruClient does not work at all in a specific BPM version please triple check it.

3.  I have seen several comments of people trying to run scripts created in version X against BPM agent that supports X-1 or even X-2. I admit it is hard to remember LoadRunner-BPM compatibility matrix. My solution was to print it and place it in front of my eyes in my cubicle :-). I suggest doing the same since many of the issues you complain about here are related to that

4. If you are certain the version of the script is compatible with the BPM agent please open a ticket and HPE experts will handle that.

Thanks in advance,

Shlomi, TruClient R&D

Children
No Data