SiteScope 11.24 - Disable Monitors at a group level not working

We are trying to disable monitor a group level - which has sub groups. It does not seem to disable. Only way looks I could disable is at the individual monitor.  

Any way to solve this?

Thanks,

-Ravi

Tags:

Parents Reply Children
  • I see this thread is a month old now, but my team also runs into issues with the GUI and trying to mass enable/disable monitors via groups sometimes. If you still have this problem, what I suggest as a workaround is to follow the steps below:

1. Right click the desired group and click "Global Search and Replace"
    2. Select "Monitor"
    3. Select "Next >"
    4. Select the monitor type you want to modify (ex: Ping, URL, CPU)
    5. Select "Next >"
    6. Select "Replace"
    7. Select "Next >"
    8. Under "Enable/Disable Monitor" check the checkbox next to "Enable monitor"
    9. Select either the "Enable monitor" or "Disable monitor" radio button
    10. Select "Next >"
    11. Confirm which groups/monitors you actually want to change
    12. Select "Next >"
    13. It will then show you each monitor's current value and what you're changing it to. (I leave it up to you whether or not to check this list and whether or not to use the "Verify monitor properties with remote server" checkbox. Leaving that checkbox UNCHECKED will force all the monitors to the new status you've selected regardless of whether or not they'll properly run...)
    14. Select "Apply"
    15. Wait until it finishes
    16. Select "Finish"

I hope that works for you! It works for us every time.

• I see this thread is a month old now, but my team also runs into issues with the GUI and trying to mass enable/disable monitors via groups sometimes. If you still have this problem, what I suggest as a workaround is to follow the steps below:

2. Select "Monitor"
    3. Select "Next >"
    5. Select "Next >"
    6. Select "Replace"
    7. Select "Next >"
    10. Select "Next >"
    12. Select "Next >"
    13. It will then show you each monitor's current value and what you're changing it to. (I leave it up to you whether or not to check this list and whether or not to use the "Verify monitor properties with remote server" checkbox. Leaving that checkbox UNCHECKED will force all the monitors to the new status you've selected regardless of whether or not they'll properly run...)
    14. Select "Apply"
    16. Select "Finish"

2. Select "Monitor"
    3. Select "Next >"
    5. Select "Next >"
    6. Select "Replace"
    7. Select "Next >"
    10. Select "Next >"
    12. Select "Next >"
    14. Select "Apply"
    16. Select "Finish"

• FYI. SiteScope 11.24 IP5 should incorporate this change. Please give it a try.

Disabling all monitors in a group at the group level does not work when user logged on with LDAP authentication
    https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1I98351

Regards,

• Thanks. Will try and update if this solves our issue.

Thanks,

-Ravi

Thanks,

-Ravi

Thanks,

-Ravi