Requirement

Hi Team,
We have got a requirement on SiteScope Monitoring.
SiteScope Version :11.11
Requirement : We have Linux and Windows Nodes being currently monitored by SiteScope. Now, any changes made in the configuration files of these servers(particularly Linux) needs to be monitored and alerted.
For example : if any user is modifying/changing  configuration file. example, changes in :
====================================
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond0
/etc/login.defs
====================================
Any changes above needs to be alerted to the team. Is this achievable? Kindly help us to understand the feasibility by HP SiteScope.
This is a customer requirement and hence, your attention on this in priority, will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Priya

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your help .

I have had a word with the team and found out that all they want is "Last Modified" parameter to be monitored.  Whenever, the particular file is modified, the team needs to be alerted.

This is found in Directory Monitor.

I need your guidance in setting the threshold to be set wherein,

Condition -->Last Time since Modified

Operator ---> ?

Value ----> ?

I want to know the exact entry which needs to be put against value. Can you please help me?

Regards,

Priya

• Hi All,

I was able to configure the thresholds to get alerts. So please ignore my previous query.

Can we put multiple file-names in a single directory monitor under "Directory-Monitor-Settings--File Name Match" ?

if yes then how? I tried putting multiple names but the monitor doesn't seem to capture all the file names. It works only for 1 filename. We have license constraint so not in a position to configure 20 odd Directory monitors under each server.

Please help.

Regards,

Priya

• Hi All,

I was able to configure the thresholds to get alerts. So please ignore my previous query.

Can we put multiple file-names in a single directory monitor under "Directory-Monitor-Settings--File Name Match" ?

if yes then how? I tried putting multiple names but the monitor doesn't seem to capture all the file names. It works only for 1 filename. We have license constraint so not in a position to configure 20 odd Directory monitors under each server.

Please help.

Regards,

Priya

• Hi All,

Please help.

Regards,

Priya

• Hi All,

We need to capture the 'File-Name' which is being modified , in the Message text of the Directory Monitor result. I don't see that being captured.

But we want the file-name to be captured as well. Else, it becomes very difficult for team to identify which file among 100 files under a particular directory is being changed or modified. Just 1 file out of 100 might be modified. We need that name to be captured.

If the above is not achievable through Directory Monitor, what is the other option?

File Monitor doesn't help us to check the "Last Modified Date/Time" of a particular file.

Please help me in this.

Regards,

Priya

• Hi All,

We need to capture the 'File-Name' which is being modified , in the Message text of the Directory Monitor result. I don't see that being captured.

But we want the file-name to be captured as well. Else, it becomes very difficult for team to identify which file among 100 files under a particular directory is being changed or modified. Just 1 file out of 100 might be modified. We need that name to be captured.

If the above is not achievable through Directory Monitor, what is the other option?

File Monitor doesn't help us to check the "Last Modified Date/Time" of a particular file.

Please help me in this.

Regards,

Priya

• Hi All,

Please help me in this.

Regards,

Priya

• In the description of the alert, you can find the exact name of file which was changed if the configuration is set as per standards.

Cheers

• In the description of the alert, you can find the exact name of file which was changed if the configuration is set as per standards.

Cheers

Cheers