prerequsites for ESXi Monitoring using monitoring only Edition of HP CO

Hi All,

We have our CentOS server ready for deploymen of CO where we will be deploying Monitoring only Edition of CO.

1) Can anyone help me with the ports that will be needed for monitoring ESXi servers?

2) Port required between CO and OMi for event forwarding and the mechanism of this event forwarding?

3) Where to Download the CO installable media for CentOS, as I can only see Linux and virtual appliance in link, direct link will help.

very basic quest, need this to be confirmed, please help.

Please suggest!

Parents
  • Verified Answer

Hello Hanumant,

I failed to see your other questions when I provided my previous response.

OA is installed on the CO server.  CO and OMi can be integrated.  Depending on the version of OA that is being used, you may want to plan accordingly.

CO 3.00 supports only OA 11.14 or earlier.  CO 3.01 supports only OA 12.x or later.  This is due to the changes that occurred within the LCore that is part of OA.  I recommend that you use OA 12.x and install CO 3.01 if you can.

For details on how to integrate CO with other HPE Software Products, review the Online Help Guide.

CO 3.01 - Online Help

Be sure to review the CO Support Matrix at the following URL to confirm that your versions of software are supported together.

SUMA - Support Matrix - https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM323488

The installation media (ISO images) are available on the SSO portal and are for CO 3.00.  CO 3.01 is a patch that is installed on top of CO 3.00.

• Go to https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/mySupport
    • Login with your HPE Passport Login
    • Go to Product Information > Downloads
    • Select Cloud Optimizer from the list of products and your SAID if there is more than one.
    • Check the 'Yes, I accept these terms and conditions' and select "View available products".

This should bring up the "My software updates - product list" where you can search for the product or go to the "Systems Management Center" area and choose Cloud Optimizer from the list.  Cloud Optimizer can only be installed on Linux and CentOS is a flavor of Linux. 

Please be sure to review the Support Matrix to make sure that your version of CentOS is supported as the management server for Cloud Optimizer.

The CO 3.01 Upgrade/Patch is available from the following location:
    https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/VPVINSTALLER_00006

I hope that this helps answer your remaining questions.

Regards,

Mark

• Thank you Marc.

I tried searching for the CentOS media but is not present on the site with name :CentOS"

I can see Four below installables:, which one is for CentOS?

HPE Cloud Optimizer 3.0 for Lin Inst ( HPECO_LinuxInstaller_03.00.152.tar )

HPE Cloud Optimizer 3.0 Virtual Appliance ( HPECO_VA_3.00.152_OVF10.ova )

HPE Cloud Optimizer 3.0 Virtual Appliance Upgrade file ( HPECO_VA_3.00.152_UPDATE.iso )

HPE Cloud Optimizer 3.0 Virtual Appliance Upgrade file ( HPECO_VA_3.00.152_UPDATE.zip )

• Thank you Marc.

I tried searching for the CentOS media but is not present on the site with name :CentOS"

I can see Four below installables:, which one is for CentOS?

HPE Cloud Optimizer 3.0 for Lin Inst ( HPECO_LinuxInstaller_03.00.152.tar )

HPE Cloud Optimizer 3.0 Virtual Appliance ( HPECO_VA_3.00.152_OVF10.ova )

HPE Cloud Optimizer 3.0 Virtual Appliance Upgrade file ( HPECO_VA_3.00.152_UPDATE.iso )

HPE Cloud Optimizer 3.0 Virtual Appliance Upgrade file ( HPECO_VA_3.00.152_UPDATE.zip )

Children
  • Hello Hanumant,

As you pointed out, there are four entries.  Three of those entries are for the 'Virtual Appliance'.  That is a VMware image that can be deployed within a VMware environment with everything pre-installed.

If you are installing on your own CentOS installed server, then it would not be any of the ones with references to 'Virtual Appliance'.  It would be the "HPE Cloud Optimizer 3.0 for Lin Inst ( HPECO_LinuxInstaller_03.00.152.tar )".

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Mark

• Hello Mark,

i have downloaded the setup file.

I just want to make sure I have HP OA agent for CentOS is also ready before I proceed.

but I am unable to find the Hp OA agent setup for Cent OS.

Can you please confirm where can I get it, I tried searching in softwaresupport.hpe.com also.

Regards,

Hanumant

• Hello Hanuamant,

I am not an Operations Agent support engineer, so my knowledge of Operations Agent is limited.

CentOS is the free version of Redhat Linux.  It's basically the same except that Redhat does not provide support for it.

In looking at the Operations Agent Support Matrix, it appears that the same agent should be used for both Redhat or CentOS x64 or x86.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Mark

• Hey Mark,

sorry to bug you again.

I have downloaded the appliance  of HP CO, my sysadmin will make the VM for this.

HPE_Cloud_Optimizer_3.0_Virtual_Appliance_HPECO_VA_3.00.152_OVF10.ova

But I wanted to know what is other file available along with setup?

HPE_Cloud_Optimizer_3.0_Virtual_Appliance_Upgrade_file_HPECO_VA_3.00.152_UPDATE

do I need this or I can directly install my 3.01 setup which I downloaded from link you provided.

VPVINSTALLER_00006.tar

Regards,

Hanumant

• Hello Hanumant,

You have multiple questions that you are asking.  Let me answer  your questions.

First, you have downloaded the virtual appliance (HPE_Cloud_Optimizer_3.0_Virtual_Appliance_HPECO_VA_3.00.152_OVF10.ova) which will install the CO 3.00.152 management server.  This would be instead of your other CentOS system that you have installed.  If you have a CO virtual appliance installed, you do not need another server unless you require multiple CO servers due to the size of your environment.

Second, to upgrade your CO 3.00.152 virtual appliance, you would use the ISO format or the Zip format based on your preference.

• CO 3.01 Update in ISO format for CO VA 3.0
    • CO 3.01 Update in Zip format for CO VA 3.0

If you want to install CO on a separate server instead of using the virtual appliance, you would need to install the CO 3.00.152 using the CO 3.0 installation media.
      HPE_Cloud_Optimizer_3.0_for_Lin_Inst_HPECO_LinuxInstaller_03.00.152.tar

After installing CO 3.0, then you would install the upgrade to CO 3.01.120 using the other file you mentioned.
      VPVINSTALLER_00006.tar

If you attempt to install CO 3.01 directly using the VPVINSTALLER_00006.tar file, it may be successful, but is not recommended by engineering for production environments.

I hope that this helps answer your questions.

Regards,
      Mark 
  • Hey Mark,

Thank you so much, your posts has been crystal clear to me and have understood lot from it.

I have now HP CO Virtual appliance ready with 3.01 upgrade as well.

I gone throug docs and they still mentions the HP OA agent 11.14 in guides to be installed.

But when I see in CentOS 12.01 version is by default there but it does not lists any policies.

few commands of OA agent works few does not.

-->Do I have to install the excplicit OA 12.01 agent now for integration with OMi.

--> WHere will I add VCentre URL's?

--> Do I have to deploy the HP CO MP from OMi to OA agent running on CentOS of HPCO.

Please help with this, and I am also reading docs.

Thanka a ton for your help so far.

Regards,

Hanumant

• Hello Hanumant,

OA 11.14 is only supported with CO 3.00 and earlier.  For CO 3.01, it requires OA 12.01 and later.  This is due to the LCore version that is used as part of both products.

To answer your question about explicitly installing OA, the answer is yes.  OA is not installed by default.

The main guide that you are looking for that should answer your questions is the Cloud Optimizer 3.01 Online Help Guide.
    Online Help

This includes sections for adding Datasources (VMware) and integrations with OMi.

There is a patch for CO 3.01 that is due out soon (hopefully this week) that I would recommend.  Also, there is a planned update to the CO MP for OMi integrations that may be coming out soon also.  That one is still a work in progress as far as I know.  It should correct a number of known issues.

I hope that this helps answer your questions.

Regards,

Mark