OVO 8 log file template duplicate message supression help

Morning,

I would like to set up a log file template with duplicate message supression active. The arm message in the file must have a count of 50 within a period of 30 mins before a critical event be generated. If I get a clear entry in the file I need to reset the counter to zero that is running in the background on the critical arm message. In other words I should only get a critical event after 50 consequestive arm messages in the file in a period of 30 mins. If a clear entry is written to the file in that 30 mins the count and time should reset to zero and start the cycle again.
If anyone has done something like this without using ecs or external scripting please give me some pointers. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks....Greg
Parents
  • Hi Greg,

My concern has to do with the number of messages that you will be sending to the management server.

I would personally go (as I have done in the past) with a custom script solution.

I don't know what are your scripting skills, but if you need help, I can make you a quick perl script that can do this and send it to you.

Drop me a mail to alex.katsioulis@systemv-technologies.com if you want.

regards,
    alexk
  • Hi Greg,

My concern has to do with the number of messages that you will be sending to the management server.

I would personally go (as I have done in the past) with a custom script solution.

I don't know what are your scripting skills, but if you need help, I can make you a quick perl script that can do this and send it to you.

Drop me a mail to alex.katsioulis@systemv-technologies.com if you want.

regards,
    alexk
Children
No Data