OVO 8 log file template duplicate message supression help

Morning,

I would like to set up a log file template with duplicate message supression active. The arm message in the file must have a count of 50 within a period of 30 mins before a critical event be generated. If I get a clear entry in the file I need to reset the counter to zero that is running in the background on the critical arm message. In other words I should only get a critical event after 50 consequestive arm messages in the file in a period of 30 mins. If a clear entry is written to the file in that 30 mins the count and time should reset to zero and start the cycle again.
If anyone has done something like this without using ecs or external scripting please give me some pointers. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks....Greg
Parents
  • Verified Answer

Hi Greg,

I have done something similar but with scripting.

But, I think there is a way you can do it.

1. You set up a logfile template. Put as a message group, a message group that no one will have assigned (so as the msgs do not appear).
    Then, create the condition for the "arm msg" and put as an automatic action, to execute
    "opcmon =1 ; opcmack <$MSG_ID>"
    This will send the monitor value, and then auto acknowledge the msg.
    If you get the "clear msg", you will have a second condition that executes as an automatic action "opcmon =0 ; opcmack <$MSG_ID>".

2. You set up a monitor template. On the conditions (for value 1), put duration 30m. If the value 1 (from the matching of the logfile) is sent in a row and for 30 consecutive minutes, you will get the alarm. Create a second condition that resets when accepts the value 0.

I am pretty sure this will work. I hope you don't get 10k msg lines in these 30 minutes.

Regards,
    alexk
  • Verified Answer

Hi Greg,

I have done something similar but with scripting.

But, I think there is a way you can do it.

1. You set up a logfile template. Put as a message group, a message group that no one will have assigned (so as the msgs do not appear).
    Then, create the condition for the "arm msg" and put as an automatic action, to execute
    "opcmon =1 ; opcmack <$MSG_ID>"
    This will send the monitor value, and then auto acknowledge the msg.
    If you get the "clear msg", you will have a second condition that executes as an automatic action "opcmon =0 ; opcmack <$MSG_ID>".

2. You set up a monitor template. On the conditions (for value 1), put duration 30m. If the value 1 (from the matching of the logfile) is sent in a row and for 30 consecutive minutes, you will get the alarm. Create a second condition that resets when accepts the value 0.

I am pretty sure this will work. I hope you don't get 10k msg lines in these 30 minutes.

Regards,
    alexk
Children
No Data