Fail to upload vugen script

Created a vugen script and tried to upload it to BSM 9.24.

I have tried both automatic detection and vugen, but I only get this error:

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Harald Bjørnstad

Parents
  • Hello Habjons,

Could you tell me more details:

- What type of script you are recorded?

- Please confirm you Vugen, BSM version.

- Did you try to upload the script with the automatic option selected? If not, please try.

- If the automatic option is selected and script upload still fails, kindly note the time and send "topaz.all.ejb" log.

• Hello Habjons,

Could you tell me more details:

- Did you try to upload the script with the automatic option selected? If not, please try.

- If the automatic option is selected and script upload still fails, kindly note the time and send "topaz.all.ejb" log.

Children
  • Hi,

TurClient Ajax - Firefox

Vugen version: 11.50

BSM version:  9.24.091, Build 111

Yes

Tried to upload it at about 09:30 today, but there are no log entries at about that time.

Kind regards

Harald Bjørnstad

topaz_all.ejb.log.zip
  • Hi,

- Please confirm does the script running fine in Vugen?

- Check if you have any non-english characters types in script:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1367424

- Please try to record with other type of script (Truclient IE), test in Vugen, afterwards upload to BSM again.

Also, please beware of TruClient Protocol limitations when record a script:

Flash, Silverlight, ActiveX limitation for TruClient IE
    User actions on UI elements that are based on Flash, Silverlight, ActiveX in general and Java applets technologies are currently not recorded and replayed.

Java applets and Silverlight limitation for TruClient FF
    User actions on UI elements that are based on Java applets and Silverlight technologies will are currently not recorded and replayed.

• We have seen similar errors in BSM 9.26. It got fixed after we removed any special characters (such as dot) from the name of the script. Strangely we were getting the following err in the log which suggests that it is stopping at the first dot (V1.1) that is in the name of the script zip file (and it is looking for the .usr file with that short name).

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Windows\TEMP\scriptname..._V1.11508862054307\scriptname_V1.usr (The system cannot find the file specified)

2017-10-24 12:20:54,402 [ajp-/127.0.0.1:8009-10] (UploadManagerServlet.java:111) WARN  - Unable to clear temp directory

Even after the dot is removed from the name, but when retried after several hours, it ran into a login session problem  saying security context is not present and failed to load. The solution was to re-login and attempt.

2017-10-24 16:00:47,421 [ajp-/127.0.0.1:8009-4] (BacLwSsoFilter.java:96) INFO  - Session is valid for loginname <userid> but there is no securityContext available.
    2017-10-24 16:00:47,422 [ajp-/127.0.0.1:8009-4] (BacLwSsoFilter.java:191) INFO  - SSO request failure. Request url was http://<bsm-url>/topaz/upload

• Hi  Srinivas Vangari,

I'm pretty sure that the issue which has been encountered 2014 with BSM 9.24 and the issue you see now with BSM 9.26 has a different reason.
    We have a known issue introduced with 9.26 / 9.26 IP1
     QCCR1I121905 Cannot upload scripts that contain dots “.”
    which causes that no script with any number of dots in the name (one is sufficient) will fail to upload.

There is a hotfix available fro BSM 9.26 IP1, the issue has been fixed in APM 9.40.

Greetings
    Siggi