SI-DiskCapacityMonitor - Exclude Filesystems

Hi,

I haven't customized this policy to exclude filesystems but did research it in the docs.  I want to make sure I understand it correctly.  So if I don't want to get alerts on, for instance, /boot, then I would edit the SI-DiskCapacityMonitor policy and set the value /boot in the Parameters tab simply as /boot?  Would it need  *'s wrapped around it and how would I denote multiple filesystems?  Would I add a script parameter for each filesystem or can I string them on the same line in one entry?

Thanks in advance,

Heidi

Parents
  • Verified Answer

Hi Heidi,

you are right: In the "Parameters" tab just set the filesystems you want to exclude as a comma separated list.

So to exclude /boot and /tmp just enter:

/boot,/tmp

You could use wildcard * for multiple filesystems, e.g. /var/a*  will exclude all filesystems in the /var directory starting with character a

Hope this helps

Marc

• Verified Answer

Hi Heidi,

you are right: In the "Parameters" tab just set the filesystems you want to exclude as a comma separated list.

So to exclude /boot and /tmp just enter:

/boot,/tmp

You could use wildcard * for multiple filesystems, e.g. /var/a*  will exclude all filesystems in the /var directory starting with character a

Hope this helps

Marc

Children