- HP-UX 11.31 IA-64
- OMU8 with latest patch
- OMU8.53 Tru64Unix agents patch

2 X Managed nodes
- Tru64 5.1B
- TruCluster in active (Node2)/passive(Node1) mode
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Questions:
1) Is OMU8 supported to run on TruCluster?
2) After installing successfully on Node2, I noticed that Node1's /usr/opt/OV & /var/opt/OV exists & ovbbccb,ovcd & ovconfd are running as well!
3) Also, in the mgmt server, there are 2 pending cert request for only 1 installation to Node2.

Points for useful suggestions.

• Verified Answer

Hi,

1. Yes OMU8 (OVO 8.x) can manage Tru64 managed nodes.

2. That's normal. Tru64 cluster has real cluster (the only real actually) filesystem.
    Everything is shared across the n number of cluster nodes (you can even see the processes of the other nodes, from only one node).

3. I don't remember the procedure now, but I could have a look.
    It could be the case that when you install the agent on node2, it gets installed in node1 as well (in the software catalog).

By the way, the latest agent patch is ITOSOL_00684 (for solaris OVO server) and the agent version is 8.53

Have fun,
    alexk
  • Hi AlexK,

You said:

Hi,

>1. Yes OMU8 (OVO 8.x) can manage Tru64 managed nodes.

My question is, is it supported to run on TruCluster?, I know that it is supported on Tru64.

>2. That's normal. Tru64 cluster has real >cluster (the only real actually) filesystem.
    >Everything is shared across the n number of >cluster nodes (you can even see the >processes of the other nodes, from only one >node).

So, is there a "special" step needs to be taken during the installation to cater for TruCluster unique feature?

>3. I don't remember the procedure now, but >I could have a look.
    >It could be the case that when you install >the agent on node2, it gets installed in >node1 as well (in the software catalog).

So, there is no point to install into both nodes, in fact, we can't since, install into 1 node will make the directories visible on the other.

>By the way, the latest agent patch is >ITOSOL_00684 (for solaris OVO server) and >the agent version is 8.53

As mentioned, we are on HP-UX & already using the 8.53 to install. Thanks for the reminder.

> Have fun

It is no fun, we can't get the OMU8 to work & have to fall back to OVO7.
  • Hi Jason,

I will check later to find the installation details.
    Yes it is supported for Trucluster.

Also, some points would be good... for the people that take time to share knowledge. It doesn't cost anything after all.

Cheers,
    alexk