Cloudwatch integration with Sitescope

Hi All,

While creating New Amazon Web Service Monitor on Sitesope I am facing an isssue while getting the counters.

The error message is as shown below,

Error 31008
Error getting counters : Error Code: 77101. Error Description: Could not provide the request : <ErrorResponse xmlns="http://monitoring.amazonaws.com/doc/2010-08-01/">
<Error>
<Type>Sender</Type>
<Code>RequestExpired</Code>
<Message>Request timestamp is too skewed. Timestamps must be within 900 seconds of server time.
Timestamp date: 2017-01-04T18:05:21.426Z</Message>

</Error>
<RequestId>6f938f4f-d265-11e6-b64a-778d0c092843</RequestId>
</ErrorResponse>

How can we change the TimeStamp in Sitescope?

Please help me resolve this issue .

Regards,

Prajwal V

Parents
  • Verified Answer

Hi Prajwal V,

the timestamp returned by the error, does it look like the local time of the SiteScope server?
    RequestExpired

Request timestamp is too skewed. Timestamps must be within 900 seconds of server time.
    Timestamp date: 2017-01-04T18:05:21.426Z
    Most likely your system runs ahead of the 

I didn't find any option to force SiteScope to send a specific timestamp, but this hint:

http://cmshelpcenter.saas.hp.com/CMS/10.30/cp-docs/docs/eng/doc_lib/Content/AWS_ts.htm
    Problem: The following error messages occur during the discovery:

Request timestamp is too skewed. Timestamps must be within 900 seconds of server time. Timestamp date: 2015-06-30T04:17:39.196Z

Solution: Change the probe time and time zone to the standard local time.

You might wanna enable debug logging for the individual monitor and check the logfile, as SiteScope logs quite some details with debug logging enabled, like

"metricName=" metricName
     ", namespace=" namespace
     ", startTime=" request.getStartTime()

so with this you can see what SiteScope sends as startTime.
    From what I understand, we simply take the local time and use it as starttime for the request, but there is no way to adjust this by an offset or alike.

Greetings
    Siggi

• Verified Answer

Hi Prajwal V,

the timestamp returned by the error, does it look like the local time of the SiteScope server?
    RequestExpired

Request timestamp is too skewed. Timestamps must be within 900 seconds of server time.
    Timestamp date: 2017-01-04T18:05:21.426Z
    Most likely your system runs ahead of the 

I didn't find any option to force SiteScope to send a specific timestamp, but this hint:

http://cmshelpcenter.saas.hp.com/CMS/10.30/cp-docs/docs/eng/doc_lib/Content/AWS_ts.htm
    Problem: The following error messages occur during the discovery:

Request timestamp is too skewed. Timestamps must be within 900 seconds of server time. Timestamp date: 2015-06-30T04:17:39.196Z

Solution: Change the probe time and time zone to the standard local time.

You might wanna enable debug logging for the individual monitor and check the logfile, as SiteScope logs quite some details with debug logging enabled, like

"metricName=" metricName
     ", namespace=" namespace
     ", startTime=" request.getStartTime()

so with this you can see what SiteScope sends as startTime.
    From what I understand, we simply take the local time and use it as starttime for the request, but there is no way to adjust this by an offset or alike.

Greetings
    Siggi

Children
  • Hi Siggi,

The below screenshot is the error what i got while trying to retrieve the Counters

Error message what i get when i retrieve the counters

The above Screenshot is that i am able to retrieve the Regions.

1. When i got this error  the time on the system where sitescope is running was 9:22 A.M.(UTC -6 hours Us and Cannada Central Time)

Site Scope Timings (Time mentioned in error message) is : 15:14 (3 P.M) 

I am not able to figure out which timezone is sitescope referring to?

2. Is this error due to the difference between sitescope's time and OS's time?

3. How do we change the probe time?

4. "You might wanna enable debug logging for the individual monitor"
    we have not gone this far. We are running into this error while
    retrieving the counters from a specific region of AWS.
    (I was able to retrieve the region details without issue).

• It turned out that there was a mismatch between the time and selected time zone configured on the SIS server.

After adjusting the time / time zone to match, the get counters is working nicely

Regards,

Prajwal V