Hi Team, this ER is from support case SD02114118. Below are the details:
- Brief Description
We need a OMi monitor for Kubernetes like the one available for Docker.
- Benefits / Value
Have a fully featured Kubernetes monitoring application.
I think that we are late in Kubernetes monitoring against our competitors (the customer is also evaluating different products to address a fully featured Kubernetes monitoring application as, for example, opensource Grafana+Prometeus).
Kubernetes is the de facto standard in container orchestration and even our product suites are Kubernetes based.
- Missing of topology creation in OMi
- Missing of metrics dasboarding in OMi
- Use of a single console (not OMi + Sitescope) to present data to the user
Use the Sistescope Dynamic Docker Monitor ( via Heapster) but with a very partial coverage of requested features.
- Design details
- topology creation (Cluster, Namespaces, Pods, Containers, ... and their relationships)
- dynamic update of the topology to follow the changes in Kubernetes
- metrics and alerts