How might I copy a Contact table subrelationial field to the Submitter?

Some time ago, I tried and failed (twice) to create an appscript or javascript that would copy a Contact table subrelational field I called User Name (first last) to the Submitter field.

1) Submitter A submits Item A into Project A. The Submitter is captured by Contact Record subrelational field 'User Name' (first last).

1a) Other times, Submitter B submits Item A on behalf of User A. In this case, Submitter B selects User Name from its drop-down list.

2) User B submits Item B with a subtask transition) into Project B from Item A.

2a) Item A's Submitter is the appropriate owner of some states in Project B--not Item B's Submitter.

3) The goal is to change the submitter for Item B, therefore, to User Name, assuming it's always a match. Speaking of that, there must be a script way to obtain the correct Submitter name from the Contact record, so that I'm not scripting a mechanical copy.
Parents
  • For your example 1, the Contact field should sync with the TS_CONTACTS record of the Submitter.
    For example 1a, is the submitter using the "submit on behalf of" feature where they select Submitter and where the actual Submitter is in "Submitting Agent"? In this instance, the Contact field should also sync up with the selected Submitter.
    I guess the field mapping in the Subtask transition won't allow you to map the"parent" SUBMITTER field from project A to the SUBMITTER field for project B?
  • For your example 1, the Contact field should sync with the TS_CONTACTS record of the Submitter.
    For example 1a, is the submitter using the "submit on behalf of" feature where they select Submitter and where the actual Submitter is in "Submitting Agent"? In this instance, the Contact field should also sync up with the selected Submitter.
    I guess the field mapping in the Subtask transition won't allow you to map the"parent" SUBMITTER field from project A to the SUBMITTER field for project B?
Children
No Data