Conditional logic in notification template?

I need a way to change a repeating notification email (subject OR body) based on whether it's the initial message or any subsequent message. Something similar to the following, which (is not documented and) does not work:

$IF ( $REPEATCOUNTER() == 0 )
$BEGINSUBJECT()INITIAL TASK NOTIFICATION ------ Issue Number $INCIDENTNUMBER()$ENDSUBJECT()
$ELSE()
$BEGINSUBJECT()DUE TASK REMINDER $REPEATCOUNTER() ------ Issue Number $INCIDENTNUMBER()$ENDSUBJECT()
$ENDIF()

Thanks in advance...

P.S. I've also tried:

$IF ( $REPEATCOUNTER() = 0 ) and
$IF ( $REPEATCOUNTER() )
Parents
  • Verified Answer

OK, with some guidance from Steven Healy in Serena support, this has been solved using an escalation. In a nutshell, I wanted to send an initial notification with using one email header/body, and then 30/60/90/... days from the initial notification, I wanted to start sending reminder notifications using a different email header/body. I convinced myself that I needed a conditional template, as the OP reflected. Instead, the solution was simple, and I should have thought of it:

1. Create initial notification rule, notification, and template. This notification does not repeat.
    2. Create a termination rule for the next step.
    3. Escalate the notification from step 1 after 30/60/90/... days. This escalation spawns a different notification, with a DIFFERENT template.
    4. Make this notification repeat every 30/60/90/... days until the termination rule is satisfied.
  • Verified Answer

OK, with some guidance from Steven Healy in Serena support, this has been solved using an escalation. In a nutshell, I wanted to send an initial notification with using one email header/body, and then 30/60/90/... days from the initial notification, I wanted to start sending reminder notifications using a different email header/body. I convinced myself that I needed a conditional template, as the OP reflected. Instead, the solution was simple, and I should have thought of it:

1. Create initial notification rule, notification, and template. This notification does not repeat.
    2. Create a termination rule for the next step.
    3. Escalate the notification from step 1 after 30/60/90/... days. This escalation spawns a different notification, with a DIFFERENT template.
    4. Make this notification repeat every 30/60/90/... days until the termination rule is satisfied.
Children
No Data