Upgrade path - TeamTrack circa 2003, to latest and greatest

We are trying to upgrade Teamtrack, Version Manager, Licence Server to SBM and equivalent VM and LS, and our db from MSSQL2000 to MSSQL2008, and our servers from 32 to 64 bit architecture... and this is turning out to be a complete nightmare. Does anyone have a simple upgrade path to move from without having to completely rewrite our workflows?

Parents

• Bill,
    What part of SBM is 64bit in SBM R4?
    You suggest that Application engine and Orchestration engine can be 32bit? What's left? I read the Moving to SBM documents once, so now that we're in the process of migrating, and I have more questions, another read might be in order...
    Last time I checked the scripts were all Perl scripts, which we don't use.
    Daniel,
    As I mentioned we already are in 6.6.1 on our testing platform. However our production copy of TT, which we are not touching for now, is still in 6.5. The purpose of moving to 6.6.1 is to prepare the Db for the jump to SBM. Since we've done that already, our test-Db should be ready for our test-SBM.
    So the question remains - at this point can we just install a brand new version of SBM in a sql2008 environment(along with its "engines") and import the TT Db when we're ready?

• Bill,
    What part of SBM is 64bit in SBM R4?
    You suggest that Application engine and Orchestration engine can be 32bit? What's left? I read the Moving to SBM documents once, so now that we're in the process of migrating, and I have more questions, another read might be in order...
    Last time I checked the scripts were all Perl scripts, which we don't use.
    Daniel,
    As I mentioned we already are in 6.6.1 on our testing platform. However our production copy of TT, which we are not touching for now, is still in 6.5. The purpose of moving to 6.6.1 is to prepare the Db for the jump to SBM. Since we've done that already, our test-Db should be ready for our test-SBM.
    So the question remains - at this point can we just install a brand new version of SBM in a sql2008 environment(along with its "engines") and import the TT Db when we're ready?
Children
No Data