SBM CUSTOM FILE ATTACHMENTS ?

Can some guide me to do the flowing task related to file uploading?

My Form shall indicate what essential documents are to be uploaded (e.g.Resume,Birth Certificate).

User to select from a list of pre-specified fields indicating what type of essential document is
being uploaded (e.g.Resume,Birth Certificate etc) before upload of the actual soft-copy of the
document.
System allows user to upload other nonessential documents.

System to indicate to user application submission is incomplete and will not be processed when there is missing essential documents.

Tags:

Parents
  • Lynn, I upvoted your idea as this would be extremely useful functionality.

In the meantime, we wrote a workaround that lets you "Bind" an individual text field to the full list of attachments on the SBM record. Add these two functions as custom JS to your Transition forms, and then execute the first function below with the name of your text field, and whether you want it to support Single or Multiple attachments. Make sure "Display HTML" is checked, and when shown on screen or in reports, the attachment will appear as a valid URL link. You'll also need to make sure this is a Custom form with jQuery enabled.

--Note, the forums appear to me messing with this code below. I tried to attach this as a .js and .txt file but I am not seeing them appear, hopefully there is just a slight delay--

function bindTextFieldAttachments(fieldName, isMulti) {
    var $fldObj = $(GetFieldByName(fieldName));
    if ($fldObj.length == 0) {
    console.log("field " fieldName " not found");
    } else if ($fldObj.attr("type") !== "text"
  • Lynn, I upvoted your idea as this would be extremely useful functionality.

In the meantime, we wrote a workaround that lets you "Bind" an individual text field to the full list of attachments on the SBM record. Add these two functions as custom JS to your Transition forms, and then execute the first function below with the name of your text field, and whether you want it to support Single or Multiple attachments. Make sure "Display HTML" is checked, and when shown on screen or in reports, the attachment will appear as a valid URL link. You'll also need to make sure this is a Custom form with jQuery enabled.

--Note, the forums appear to me messing with this code below. I tried to attach this as a .js and .txt file but I am not seeing them appear, hopefully there is just a slight delay--

function bindTextFieldAttachments(fieldName, isMulti) {
    var $fldObj = $(GetFieldByName(fieldName));
    if ($fldObj.length == 0) {
    console.log("field " fieldName " not found");
    } else if ($fldObj.attr("type") !== "text"
Children
No Data