Inserting NULL value to SMA-X Person API with use of CIT connector.

Hello,

we have use case in SMA-X where we need clear some attributes that has list of values type. This is simple possible from rest API with following post (example is that user1 has filled attribute KBEmployeeType_c by one of values and we need clear it

{
     "operation": "CREATE_OR_UPDATE",
     "users": [
         {
             "properties": {
                 "Upn": "user1",
                 "KBEmployeeType_c": null
             }
         }
     ]
 }

Mentioned POST works fine, but I need to do it using connect it scenario. When I tried use PifSetNullVal function as:

RetVal = PifSetNullVal()

it doesnt works as expected and produced value is "empty string" instead of NULL:

KBEmployeeType_c               (Empty string)

Do you have any idea what is correct function that can meet the requirement? Thanks for any help.

Regards

Ivan

• How about PifSetNullVal("KBEmployeeType_c")

• Result is same, empty field instead of 'NULL'.

• It is my understanding you will need to delete the record.  It cannot be nulled out.  I do not believe there is a 0 (zero) Id record in SMAX.  I will add, the "nulling" of a field also has to deal with the RDBMS you are using.  Does your RDBMS support NULLs?

• Hello, I don't want delete all record, I would just clear one of record attributes that is list type. For example I have list called "KBEmployeeType_c" for Person entity, that has 3 valuse (part-time, full-time, casual).

Field is not mandatory, so when the Person record is created, field is empty if there is no value post during creation. Later somebody can choose one of three values for record. But some time we need have this field again empty, without any value. I'm able to do it by sendig 'NULL' in JSON for mentioned field (tested in Postman or SoapUI)

{
         "operation": "CREATE_OR_UPDATE",
         "users": [
             {
                 "properties": {
                     "Upn": "user1",
                     "KBEmployeeType_c": null
                 }
             }
         ]
     }

But we need do same operation using Connect It scenario, where I'm not able push 'NULL' even in the documentation is declared that PifSetNullVal function should works like this.