HP OO 10: Make Flows Publicly available

Hello fellow flowers,

Let's say I have a Flow, which should be called from a Website through the execution link.
However whenever I want to call it, and I am not logged in to my central, I have to log in first,.

Is there a way to make the flow sort of public?

Kind refards,
Timo

Parents Reply
  • Hi,

Deactivating authentication seems a bit extreme, I think a more suitable solution is to use SAMl or LWSSO between the 2 sites in order to handle the login needs. I'm guessing that the area where the flow is invoked in the 3rd party site is protected by a login gate itself (by that i mean only specific registered users of the 3rd party site can trigger flows).  In this case configuring LWSSO or SAML (both are supported by HP OO) would be the ideal solution in order not to have users login.

Regards,

Vlad

Children
  • I have continued my research on the topic.
    I also came to the conclusion that deactivating authentication is a huge security risk.
    I now have a user which has only access to the Flow I am talking about.

I have looked through the API Guide, to find an authenticate functionality, but I can't find it.
    Is there a way to either do one authentication and use that for the Casa Blanca User for that session or maybe a way to always send my credentials when invoking the flow, so I do not have to login "by hand"?

• I have continued my research on the topic.
    I also came to the conclusion that deactivating authentication is a huge security risk.
    I now have a user which has only access to the Flow I am talking about.

I have looked through the API Guide, to find an authenticate functionality, but I can't find it.
    Is there a way to either do one authentication and use that for the Casa Blanca User for that session or maybe a way to always send my credentials when invoking the flow, so I do not have to login "by hand"?

• Just a suggestion - OO has a REST API, why not build the flow executionand authentication based on that?

You might need to build your own gateway to broker between the OO REST API with your own, but that's very easy to come up with.