Substring search returns no results in 941 - text search

Hi,

In our system the text search (incidents) returns 0 results when searching a substring. For example "substring" will show 20 results, but "subst" will return 0. Tried using wildcards but this does not work either in the text search or the expert search. I checked that the irfields has action for probsummary. I was wondering if there are any other settings to check or sm.ini parameters before opening a case.

Thank you

Tags:

  • Not a solution but a workaround. I just tried on my 9.3 system on KnowledgeBase Search which has access to incident and probsummary libraries and it worked for "substr" and subst*. Not "subst" as there's no such word in my system but the wildcard of subst* and precise word of "substr" worked.