Filling in "Open New Incident" form and opening new incident without using web services API?

Hi all,

Assuming I have a program that extracts data from the SIEM, how can I parse that data into HPSM "Open New Incident" form and create a new incident? Is there any methods that are viable without using the web services API or HP integration system?

What I wish to achieve here is for the program to input the extracted data automatically into HPSM incident form.

Thanks.

• Verified Answer

Sounds like you are trying to create a new incident from telephony, try the DDE.

1. login your hpe sm with following URL on firefox:

localhost:8080/.../index.do

1.1 you may asked to enable java and install jcinst.exe when you first time enable DDE, just do it.

2. Create a new word document, click View -> Marcos, put name as ReceiveInteraction

3. put the script as 

Sub ReceiveInteraction()
    channel = DDEInitiate("HP_Service_Manager", "ActiveForm")
    DDEExecute channel, "[SystemEvent(""ReceiveInteraction"", ""Caller Name"", ""BROWN, NICHOLAS"",, ""Category Type"",""enquiry"" )]"
    DDETerminate channel
    End Sub

4. click run. and then a new interaction shall be opened in the firefox.

You can find more details at

https://s3.amazonaws.com/smhelpcenter/smhelp941/codeless/index.html#integrations/dynamic_data_exchange/concepts/dynamic_data_exchange.htm?TocPath=System%20Administration|Integrations|Service%20Manager%20integration%20methods%20and%20tools|Dynamic%20Data%20Exchange%20(DDE)|_____0

Thanks,

Ling-yan

• Hi Sir,

Thanks for the advice.

For the transact execute function, do you know if there a is list where I can refer which number belong to which button/function key?

• Glad to help.

And for the transact execute function, the button id is the id defined in document engine display option.

However, for web client, transact and setfocus are not supported for now.

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1E131622

Regards,

Ling-Yan

• Hi Ling-Yan,

Appreciate your help.

Since transact and setfocus are not supported..am I able to accomplish my initial objective (Open new incident page and fill in details) with DDE poke?

Something like..

channel = DDEInitiate("HP_Service_Manager", "ActiveForm")      //This opens up new incident page right?

DDEPoke Channel, "Title", "Title of the incident" // Fill up the title field

DDEPoke Channel, "Contact ID", "My UserName" // Fill up Conact ID field

DDEPoke Channel, "Service Recipient ID", "Recipient UserName" //Fill up Service Recipient ID field

DDEPoke Channel, "Description", "Description of the incident" //Fill up the description field

Will this work? So sorry I am only able to theorycraft at this moment as Telephony has not yet been set up in my organisation.

Thanks alot.

• Hi,

You do not need to the telephony system to test the DDE connection. Using word VB script can do the trick.

For your specific request, you can:

1. login your hpe sm with following URL on firefox:

localhost:8080/.../index.do

1.1 you may asked to enable java and install jcinst.exe when you first time enable DDE, just do it.

2. edit your configuration of "pmtapi" file like below:

3. Create a new word document, click View -> Marcos, put name as ReceiveInteraction

3. put the script as 

Sub ReceiveInteraction()
    Channel = DDEInitiate("HP_Service_Manager", "ActiveForm")
    DDEExecute Channel, "[SystemEvent(""ReceiveInteraction"", ""Contact ID"", ""AARON, JIM"", ""Serice Recipient ID"", ""ALLICSON, ROBIN"", ""Title"",""how to solve the prolem"",""Description"",""description of the ticket"" )]"
    DDETerminate Channel
    End Sub

4. click run. and then a new interaction shall be opened in the firefox.

Thanks,
    Ling-Yan