How to check if a particular data exists in contacts table ?

Hi, All

Does anyone who know how to check using Data Policy(datadict) if a particular data (Let's say "FS.approver1") exists in contacts table or not?

Please refere to the screenshot attached..

Regards,

Shuta.

• It can be done.

Open data policy by typing datadict in the SM command line.

look for the table name, in which you want that validation to be ran.

Click on the second tab in the bottom part which is Validations (i might be lacking in translations of the tabs in columns but you should find it).

Scroll down to the field on which you want to run that validation. For the row of that field in the fifth column (shlould be something like Match field) set contact.name and in the next column (Match table)  input contacts.

You can check the  example for such setting in the data dict for incidents table

• It can be done.

Click on the second tab in the bottom part which is Validations (i might be lacking in translations of the tabs in columns but you should find it).

Scroll down to the field on which you want to run that validation. For the row of that field in the fifth column (shlould be something like Match field) set contact.name and in the next column (Match table)  input contacts.

You can check the  example for such setting in the data dict for incidents table

• It can be done.

• Vadim

Thanks for your quick reply.

What I do not understand is what should be written in 'Validation Rule'  column.

Regards,

Shuta 

• I thought you wanted to run it  by default. If yes, then leave it empty