How can I make a CI/Service unavailable for the Incident. Is there any configuration.
You can use the link record to say that certain statuses or groups of CIs don't show.
For examle, in my incidents link record in the Expressions tab I have:
if (not (null(logical.name in $File))) then $query =" and logical.name#logical.name in $File"
This prevents the service desk from populating the interaction with any CI that is in a Retired status.
Does the CI change status? You would insert that status into the query. If the CI doesn't change status or anything like that then it would be hard to do this. You could do it by name but then you'd have to edit the query everytime a CI is under maintenace that doesn't isn't ideal at all.
Here are the steps to edit the link record. I have attached a screenshot of the final step.
the link for incidents is called probsummary
- in your command line type link
- in the link file page that comes up, type probsummary in the name field and click search
- find the line that says logical.name in the Source Field Name column and device in the Target File Name column. This is the line that links the Affected CI to the CI in the device table.
- click on the word logical.name and then right click on device and choose Select Line
- put your query in the Expressions tab and save. - see screenshot