How to keep default value in drop down menu fields

Hi All,

I have two fields of type menu drop down. And i have a requirement based on the value selected in menu drop down1 and i need to keep select some default value in menu drop down2.

I have tried giving some conditions in format control of the form, but it is working only when the form is refreshed and it is not working immediately after selecting the value in drop down1.

can any one suggest the solution to my requirement to fullfill, thanks in advance.

Regards,

D_M_K

Parents
  • Hello d_m_k

hope you are doing fine.

could you please attach the log file? I would like to see what the field dropdown is calling.

Also, what modifications did you do in the format control?

• Hi ,

following is the format control details.

Test change created: C15378

format contol name: CM.change.draft
    calculations:
    add,update,delete,display, initial fields condition given:

WPChangeReason in $file="Service Advisory"

under calculation field for above mentioned condition:

WPWarrantyReqRetrofits in $file="YES"

one more line item,

WPChangeReason in $file="Service Advisory" and WPWarrantyReqRetrofits in $file="YES"

WPReqRet in $file="Mandatory Non-Urgent"

I have tried to select the value 'Service Advisory' under WPChangeReason field and expecting immediately fill the fields WPwarrantyreqretrofits and wpreqret with values 'Yes' and 'Mandatory Non-Urgent'.

But that is not happening immediately, it is happening when i click save which is as expected due to the above mentioned formatcontrol logic.

So If i need to get the other drop downs to get fill immediately with respective default values after selecting the value in initial drop down, what is the best approach to fullfill?

PFA the log file.

NOTE: I am not able to attach txt or log files, let me know how can i share the logs here. it is throwing error saying not allowed to attach such extensions.

Regards,

D_M_K

• Hi ,

following is the format control details.

Test change created: C15378

format contol name: CM.change.draft
    calculations:

WPChangeReason in $file="Service Advisory"

WPWarrantyReqRetrofits in $file="YES"

one more line item,

WPChangeReason in $file="Service Advisory" and WPWarrantyReqRetrofits in $file="YES"

WPReqRet in $file="Mandatory Non-Urgent"

I have tried to select the value 'Service Advisory' under WPChangeReason field and expecting immediately fill the fields WPwarrantyreqretrofits and wpreqret with values 'Yes' and 'Mandatory Non-Urgent'.

But that is not happening immediately, it is happening when i click save which is as expected due to the above mentioned formatcontrol logic.

So If i need to get the other drop downs to get fill immediately with respective default values after selecting the value in initial drop down, what is the best approach to fullfill?

PFA the log file.

NOTE: I am not able to attach txt or log files, let me know how can i share the logs here. it is throwing error saying not allowed to attach such extensions.

Regards,

D_M_K

Children
No Data