No HTML Editor in Service Manager Client

I am working with SM9.30 using the SM Client RTE Version: 9.30.281. If I try to create a new knowledge document via Knowledge Management >> Contribute Knowledge I do not have an HTML editor to create the content. The reference tab of the form is just empty. The behavior is the same for all available document types.

Any help/advice/idea will be very apreciated.

Thanks, Norbert

Parents Reply
  • I also faced a situation that the standard tricks didn't work, so I modded the FCKEditor's JavaScript files - and tried to skip the browser recognition.

As a sidenote, I'm using Windows 7 and IE11. Confirmed that these changes work both in client versions SM 9.34 and SM 9.41.

The two files you need to modify are:

• fck_startup.js, path (for example) C:\Users\\ServiceManager\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.hp.ov.sm.client.eclipse.user\htmlEditor\com.hp.ov.sm.client.thirdparty_9.34.0032\src\resources\FCKeditor\editor\js\
    • fckeditor.js, path (for example) C:\Users\\ServiceManager\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.hp.ov.sm.client.eclipse.user\htmlEditor\com.hp.ov.sm.client.thirdparty_9.34.0032\src\resources\FCKeditor

Please note, that the version number varies depending on what client version you use.

fck_startup.js

Find a text

FCKBrowserInfo.IsIE=(sAgent.indexOf("msie")!=1

Change it to (simply remove !)

FCKBrowserInfo.IsIE=(sAgent.indexOf("msie")=1

Save a file.

fckeditor.js

Find a function "FCKeditor.prototype._IsCompatibleBrowser".

Add a line

return true;

to the line 137 or so, before the text "// Internet Explorer". Save changes.

--

Restart the client and the FCKEditor should be visible again.

Children
  • What I found trying out your solution was that I have two representations of the fck_startup.js as well as of the fckeditor.js file.

fck_startup.js is in: 

C:\Program Files\HP\Service Manager 9.30\Client\plugins\com.hp.ov.sm.client.thirdparty_9.30.021\src\resources\FCKeditor\editor\js

and in:

C:\Program Files\HP\Service Manager 9.30\Client\plugins\com.hp.ov.sm.client.eclipse.web_9.30.021\webtier\fckeditor\editor\js

fckeditor.js is in:

C:\Program Files\HP\Service Manager 9.30\Client\plugins\com.hp.ov.sm.client.thirdparty_9.30.021\src\resources\FCKeditor

and in:

C:\Program Files\HP\Service Manager 9.30\Client\plugins\com.hp.ov.sm.client.eclipse.web_9.30.021\webtier\fckeditor

I edited all of them as proposed in Kelalek2's post above without any change in behavior. The editor within my Windows Client is still missing.

In a next step I installed the HP Service Manager Client to another workstation. I was logged in to the workstation with my own Windows credentials and started the HPSM client with the same credentials as on my maschine. The editor was visible and usable(!). To make sure that my OS and my OS profile are set up properly I did a brand new installationof my desktop. The editior of the HP Service Manager Client is unavailable right out of the box. Also, it keeps beeing unavailable after modifying the .js file as stated above.

I am currently running out of ideas .....

• Hi, Can you please share if your issue is resolved ? If yes then you can post the answer here, it ll help others too. If not then you can log a case with HP Software support or Professional Services for customization requests.
    Regards,
    HPE Software Support

• Verified Answer

Hi, the issue I've had is solved. The root cause was a wrong script used to install the Windows Client automatically. The script created an entry in the start menu as wel as an icon on the desktop that started the ServiceManager.exe directly. Thas was the reason why all changes .ini had not effect. Since the menu entries are pointing to the ServiceManager.cmd file, it picks up the .ini file and shows the web editor.

Thanks to all of you for your support

Norbert