Duplicate emails in service manager

Hi Champs,
I am using 7.11...I have configured email in my SM. But, whenever a mail shoots, 3 mails are coming for a single instance.Please help me what to do for this?

Thanks in advance,
Shresha
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi,

Are you using scsmtp for sending emails?

If yes, then check how many task maanger processes are running for scsmtp...

It tends to send duplicate messages if many processes of scsmtp are running. You need to kill them.

Else, as suggested by Vadim, check your notification records starting with "SM" such as SM Add, SM Update..and modify accordingly.

• Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have tried to check the notification definition of "SM Close", finding below 3 triggering conditions

1. MS.slo.status in $file~=$oldstatus and open in $L.file="Closed" and MS.notify in $L.file=true and MS.closure.method in $L.file="Passive" and operator()~="linker"

2. open in $L.file="Closed" and MS.notify in $L.file=true and MS.closure.method in $L.file="Active" and operator()~="linker"

3. open in $L.file="Closed" and MS.notify in $L.file=true and MS.closure.method in $L.file="Passive" and operator()~="linker"

Until now we found two interactions whose closure method is "Passive" triggered 3 same notifications when being closed, but we cannot yet be sure there's anything wrong with the conditions because other ones also run normally.

Besides, I have tested the method Vadim suggested, set the "Save First" field to "false". Someone said it worked but not from my side. 

Could you please help with the anylisis?

Thank you!