I have been using SM for a while, just got into some heavy duty projects so in need of some upper level help. So far I have setup SM 7.11.532 on our LB and 2 APP servers, using the client I am able to log in and use SM as normal.
We are on Windows Server 2008 and have one Web App server. On that I follow the directions as best I could, searching though forums and using HPs install guide.
1. Installed jdk-1_5_0_22-windows-i586-p
- created JAVA_HOME variable
2. Extracted Tomcat Apache 5.5.35 to a folder.
3. Placed webtier-7.11.war in the webapps/ folder (not sure what I have to do with the other file? webtier-ear-7.11.ear )
4. Started tomcat, edited the web.xml file with the defauts in HPs installing guide and shutdown and restarted tomcat.
I am able to go to http://localhost:8080/ and was able to get into the Manager link and then to localhost:8080/.../index.do
I get this error:
Researching this topic I found out that I am not connection to my SM app server, which field would I use and how can I connect to the app server. All of the above steps is all I have done on our web server. The port we use to connect to SM is 13080...among others but thats the main one.
thanks in advance!