Installing new Service Manager 7.11 on new hardware arch. need SM web tier installation help

Hi,

I have been using SM for a while, just got into some heavy duty projects so in need of some upper level help. So far I have setup SM 7.11.532 on our LB and 2 APP servers, using the client I am able to log in and use SM as normal.

We are on Windows Server 2008 and have one Web App server. On that I follow the directions as best I could, searching though forums and using HPs install guide.

1. Installed jdk-1_5_0_22-windows-i586-p

- created JAVA_HOME variable

2. Extracted Tomcat Apache 5.5.35 to a folder.

3. Placed webtier-7.11.war in the webapps/ folder (not sure what I have to do with the other file? webtier-ear-7.11.ear )

4. Started tomcat, edited the web.xml file with the defauts in HPs installing guide and shutdown and restarted tomcat.

I am able to go to http://localhost:8080/ and was able to get into the Manager link and then to localhost:8080/.../index.do

I get this error:

javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Message send failed - connection to host http://localhost:13080/SM/ui refused. Your server session may have been terminated or timed out. You may need to go to the login page and log in once again.

Researching this topic I found out that I am not connection to my SM app server, which field would I use and how can I connect to the app server. All of the above steps is all I have done on our web server. The port we use to connect to SM is 13080...among others but thats the main one.

thanks in advance!

• Verified Answer

Hi,

Please check if your web.xml has the securelogin parameter. If so, let's make it false and restart the Apache/Tomcat.

Regards,

Luis

• That fixed it! I also had to change serverhost to what was in the desktop client, I kept it as localhost, I know noob mistake on my part.

Thanks, I'm up and running on my web app.

What link would I use on my laptop to access this SM Web instance, how can I access/change that address?

Thanks! 

• Him

You should use the apache/tomcat link plus the name of the deployment. Example:

http://myApacheTomcatserver:8080/SM930/index.do

Regards,

Luis

• thanks for the reply, I got that part. My question was more twoards how do I change the link name so that instead of what you wrote it says smweb.companyName.com ? 

Also when I use any browser I find that the login name and password fields are stretched to the right end of the browser, can that be changed?

Using IE8 and also compatability mode I get there error message on the bottom left hand of the browser:

I get this everytime I login, does not show up on anyother page only after sign-on:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 19:16:48 UTC

detail.do
    Line: 153
    Char: 34
    Code: 0

I got this error a few time also, not showing up after I cleared cache/history.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 19:11:16 UTC

cwc.initfw.min.js
    Line: 1
    Char: 1834
    Code: 0