Display count of interactions/approvals for current user

Hello.

we have a requirement to show on ESS main page the number of requests waiting for approval and the number of requests requiring approval

• It's not clear the difference between both values but regardless that, there are several ways to acomplish this.. from the old  limited marquee and stored queries till where your imaginations takes you...

A simple one is add a caption having an input as variable and fill this variable as you wish in the format fc..

• As there is no FC for ess.gui.menu.SD form and if i'll add it for what table?

(difference between both values:

1) you are requester and waiting while approvers approve your request

2) you are approver and should approve list of requests from users)

• Did you try to create the FC for this screen?
    If it does not work you can use login.DEFAULT which runs on every login.. if so, add some running condition to just execute it on web for ess.
    Good luck!
  • Did you try to create the FC for this screen?
    If it does not work you can use login.DEFAULT which runs on every login.. if so, add some running condition to just execute it on web for ess.
    Good luck!
  • Hello.

Yes I also thought about login.DEFAULT - one drawback - it is calculated once at startup.

I will try add new FC - but for which table will be created this FC or it's nevermind and i just call JS from FC and set all what i need there ?

• I have done this before and made a nice ticket status dashboard for the ESS initial page.

The counts of tickets were calculated in the login.DEFAULT formatctrl and stored in global variables. Then, any time the user submitted another ticket or approved a ticket, triggers would fire to update those global variables, so their counts would update within that same ESS session.

If an action was taken on one of their tickets by someone else, their session would not reflect that change, but since ESS sessions are relatively short we chose to not write code to handle such actions by others.